• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Roster example for Northern drivers out of sheffield please!

trainguy27

Morning all, so I've got a driver interview with northern coming up, based at sheffield.

Does anyone have an example of the roster they work?

Currently work on a private rail infrsastructure, working 4 on 4 off and I'm wondering how the work/ life balance compares between the 2 jobs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cebz9

Hi, first of all good luck with your interview. I’ll attach a copy of the starter link at Sheffield that you’d be put into if you get the job.

IMG_2006.jpeg

trainguy27

Apologies for the late reply Cebz!

Cheers mate, really appreciate the well wishes and the picture, fingers crossed!

cathi

Hi, first of all good luck with your interview. I’ll attach a copy of the starter link at Sheffield that you’d be put into if you get the job.

View attachment 158366

This is really helpful thanks for sharing!

Can i ask regarding working at the Sheffield depot, what does the rest day pattern look like once you move off the new starter link? Also how many links are there and how long do you generally spend on each one?

Also, is there any scope to work permanent lates, permanent earlies etc at Sheffield? I've worker in public transport for years, and the depots i've worked at all offered the option of working permanent lates once qualified (for example starting between 12:00-18:00 and finishing between 21:00-03:00), is that anything that occurs at Sheffield?