• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route Planners with Roadworks Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

westv

Established Member
I know there are a number of online car route planners which also show current roadworks. I also know there are websites that just show future roadworks. However, are there any route planners which show roadworks for a future journey?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lucan

Established Member
In my experience, even the authorities have only the vaguest clue about when future roadworks will take place.

My experience is based on occasions when they are mending the phone lines to my house (a roughly two-yearly event that involves temporary traffic lights). There are many sub-contractors and authorities involved and any of them can and do postpone the works at the drop of a hat. The previous time it was 5 weeks (during which I had no phone) before all their windows of opportunity happened to co-incide.

Status
Not open for further replies.