• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routeing Question - Brookwood to London Terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucey

I have a Anytime Day Return from Brookwood to London Terminals (as part of a split combo) for tomorrow.

My final destination is near Cannon Street.

Would my ticket be valid to do the following:
Brookwood to Waterloo
Waterloo East to London Bridge
London Bridge to Cannon Street?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Yes that would be absolutely fine. Be careful not to lose your ticket to one of the barriers along the way. It might be best to show it the staff to avoid the risk of it being swallowed.

Brucey

Yes that would be absolutely fine. Be careful not to lose your ticket to one of the barriers along the way. It might be best to show it the staff to avoid the risk of it being swallowed.
Thanks.

I know the barriers at Waterloo always return London Terminals tickets. I'm not sure about London Bridge. I can always end my journey there anyway (it's only 3 minutes futher walk from my destination).

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Thanks.

I know the barriers at Waterloo always return London Terminals tickets. I'm not sure about London Bridge. I can always end my journey there anyway (it's only 3 minutes futher walk from my destination).
You are welcome. I am not sure about London Bridge either as whenever I have been there it has been to change train, so never passed through the barriers before. Presumably the barriers also return the tickets as you might want to break your journey and later want travel to Waterloo East, Charing Cross or with Thameslink almost fully open, Blackfriars or City Thamelink. Maybe you could let us know?

Brucey

You are welcome. I am not sure about London Bridge either as whenever I have been there it has been to change train, so never passed through the barriers before. Presumably the barriers also return the tickets as you might want to break your journey and later want travel to Waterloo East, Charing Cross or with Thameslink almost fully open, Blackfriars or City Thamelink. Maybe you could let us know?
I will return to let you know. I'll probably exit at London Bridge anyway, since it is actually quicker than navigating an unfamiliar station to get the train to Cannon Street.

A previous thread here suggests Vauxhall retains London Terminals tickets. It will be interesting to see.

I'm on paper this time, but I'd also be interested in trying this on ITSO if I get another chance (plan on buying an annual Travelcard soon anyway).

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Thanks, it would be good to know for the future. That is interesting, I didn't know that about Vauxhall as I have only ever used Oyster there. You would assume that tickets would be returned seeing as it is not really a terminal.

London Bridge is much easier to navigate now that they have opened up the concourse. You can simply go down one escalator and up another to change platforms. Of course it peak time it takes a while as you have to waddle along with the hoards of commuters.

It is usually Kent commuters wanting to get to the Cannon Street platforms and Sussex commuters wanting to get to the Charing Cross or Cannon Street platforms.

ITSO could be an experiment for another time.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You don't need to go through barriers at London Bridge. You'll arrive on platforms 6/7 and need platforms 2/3. Both are island platforms now so no need to worry about which platform the tran will leave from. On the way back trains from Cannon Street could arrive on either 1 or 2, but the trains to Waterloo East all depart from the island numbered 8/9.

Brucey

All went well today.

Ticket returned by barriers at Waterloo. Accepted at Waterloo East, then surprisingly returned at London Bridge (it is technically valid for BoJ there). I walked from there since the weather was so nice.

On the return, ticket accepted by Cannon Street barriers and returned at Waterloo East.

Shame the same can't be said about "Portsmouth Stations", where the barriers swallow the ticket when you're BoJing at Portsmouth & Southsea on the way to Harbour.

Status
Not open for further replies.