• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routes you'd love to see in Train Simulator Classic/Train Sim World

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SeanG

All of the WCML (bar the Manchester branch which is being worked on) and all of the ECML are available in Train Simulator and there are relevant "merges" for each

Crewe to Holyhead.
Chester, seaside, Llandudno branch, the trip through the 'castle', and the sign at Llanfair pw.
Maybe even request stops too 8-)
I'd love to see that in train sim world 4 too maybe Chester instead though because Crewe to holyhead is 104 miles according to the railmiles engine. But yes the route is fabulous, the scenery if done by the right people would be great. I'd love to see this done by just trains especially after their amazing blackpool branches route I'm still playing that one non stop since I bought it on day one.

Rail Quest

Only just noticed this thread so thought I'd contribute some ideas. For TS Classic, I can't think of any big gaps that need filling regarding routes. From my perspective, there's far more trains that I'd like adding/enhancing than routes.

However, the main bulk of routes I'd like to see would be extensions to existing routes such as:
- JT Hope Valley extension from Romiley to Ashburys via Guide Bridge and Guide Bridge to Stockport via Denton for better freight potential.
- ATS WCML Missing Link Crewe to Manchester (incl. Trafford Park)
- DPS North East England to Saltburn (and the nearby steelworks) and Newcastle

Maybe new routes Id wanna see would be:
- Leeds to Carlisle and Morecambe (the existing Settle to Carlisle is really dated and I'm sure many would argue beyond saving with simple enhancements)
- Manchester Metrolink, the full network (think it would make a perfect Frankfurt U-Bahn style route)
- Llangollen Heritage Railway (this one's a personal favourite IRL, would be an interesting addition to the game)

StripeyNick

I'd quite like the Severn Valley Railway with a variety of their heritage diesel fleet but I feel it could get a bit boring sitting at 25mph. The WSR gets a bit long winded at times.

As mentioned previously, I'd like to the South Wales Valleys with the likes of Pacers and Sprinters. If there was one route, it could be Penarth to Rhymney with the Coryton and Cwmbargoed branches.....could take over an mgr at Central and take it to Cwmbargoed for loading