• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

valenta

I did everything as told....

....but the route wouldn't load. I have an error message.

The train worked fine though.

So close, yet so far.

I will attempt to re-download the routes later.

What sort of error message is it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HST Power

Established Member
I get this message.

My content folder is directly in the openBVE folder.

When I do start the route, I can see the cab, but no scenery. Everything else is just black.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 21

valenta

I get this message.

My content folder is directly in the openBVE folder.

When I do start the route, I can see the cab, but no scenery. Everything else is just black.

The error would suggest that there is quite a lot of files in the wrong place.
What are the issues reported?

HST Power

Established Member
The issues are 711 sentences of gobbledygook I can't make head or tail of!

I will have another go tommorow evening. At least I've actually got the game working and extracted the necessary applications, so in comparison to this time yesterday we do have some progress! :p

It may be worth mentioning that my content folder is directly in the openBVE folder. Should I move it out?

valenta

The issues are 711 sentences of gobbledygook I can't make head or tail of!

I will have another go tommorow evening. At least I've actually got the game working and extracted the necessary applications, so in comparison to this time yesterday we do have some progress! :p

It may be worth mentioning that my content folder is directly in the openBVE folder. Should I move it out?

No, I think the content folder is fine. I have a few routes which give me error messages, perhaps try a new route. Out of interest, what route are you trying?

Turbostar

Ah, that is a lot of errors. A few here & there you can get away with, but not that amount. Ok, this is how I got my setup:

All these are in the 'Program Files' folder on C: drive:

openbve_stable: this contains the main stuff for openBVE to operate
openBVE_content: This contains all the data for the routes & trains I have

Now, inside the content folder, I got 2 sub folders: Railway & Train:

Inside Railway, there should be 3 sub folders: Object, Route, Sound
When you download a route, usually in a zip file, it's best to download it onto your Desktop, then you can mess with it easier from there. Now, once you've unzipped your chosen route you've downloaded, inside the resulting folder, you should have the above 3 folders, it's just a case of putting them in the main 3 folders above

Now, the Train folder, is more or less straightforward. When you go into here, all it should contain is folders of your various trains you have downloaded, & in each of the folders contains the main stuff for that particular train.

That's basically how it is, let me know how you get on.

HST Power

Established Member
Did you download and extract the file from that link I posted earlier and put the contents in your openbve_stable folder?

Yes, I needed to ask you about that. Which one do I download, there are multiple downloads.

I'd also like to say thank you to everyone on this thread who's been helping me. I'm not very good with installations (as you can probably tell) so thank you very much for all your support. I couldn't have done half the things I have without it! :)

Turbostar

That's why we're on here! lol :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Download Stable version 1.2.13.0 Program 1.8MiB

HST Power

Established Member
I'm now down to just 500 errors. I followed an online installation guide, everything happened as it should, but still errors, and no views outside of the bloody cab!

X City South V2.0 hasn't been released yet ... has it? :/

The previous version is one 7zip file tonbe extracted to your OpenBVE folder ...
I'm on my phone ATM, I'll write up a more detailed post later.

Status
Not open for further replies.