• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routing Guide novice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fancy a ride from Goole to Lincoln 'the long way round', i.e. via Sheffield, Worksop and Retford Low Level. However, on consulting the routing guide, I have convinced myself that this is not a permitted route, despite the fact that there is an advertised through train from Doncaster (or Sheffield), one of which I MUST change at to get to Lincoln anyway.
[I think the permitted routes are via Doncaster and Gainsborough Trent Junction and via the ECML and Retford]
However, if I split the ticket at Doncaster, I guess I would be able to travel via Worksop because there is an advertised through train on the route.
Can anyone with more experience of these matters confirm if my logic is correct?
Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
However, if I split the ticket at Doncaster, I guess I would be able to travel via Worksop because there is an advertised through train on the route.
A direct train from Doncaster to Lincoln is valid on a Doncaster to Lincoln ticket, irrespective of the route taken by that train, that is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.