• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routing map York - Lichfield Trent Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp4712

Hi, please could someone advise the routing map two-letter code for a journey from York to Lichfield Trent Valley? I have a journey coming up on a First Anytime (not via Birmingham) with no rush, so I’m contemplating taking a route that’s valid but not the obvious.

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

robbeech

Established Member
DY
Or a combination of WM and BY though I’d suggest that the second combination isn’t much use with a not via Birmingham ticket.

look at going out via Selby.
Via Leeds is fairly obvious although you could choose a variety of routes between there and Sheffield. Via Pontefract is another although there’s no first class on services that way. perhaps do chesterfield to Nottingham before going across to Derby.

Maybe there’s a similar ticket that includes other routeing points to include extra options where you can start or stop short?

Last edited:

kieron

Established Member
York-Tamworth "not via Birmingham" costs the same amount. This gives MN+BM as an option, meaning you can go via Manchester.

jp4712

Yes, I saw a valid itinerary via Manchester on nationalrail.co.uk. I wonder if the Leeds - Manchester leg is valid via the Calder Valley?

kieron

Established Member
Yes; MN contains both of the main routes between Leeds and Manchester. It also contains the CLC Manchester to Warrington line. Both are Northern only, so there are no first class seats.

If you haven't bought tickets yet, and wanted to go that way, splitting at Manchester would save £26 one way, and would also mean you could go between York and Manchester via Doncaster & Sheffield (on DO+HV).

Status
Not open for further replies.