• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RoyalMail "Railnet" Cl. 325 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

southy39

mail related but not close enough to include in my other thread,....

does anyone know what pool code on TOPS the 325's are alocated tooalong with any info as to their home depot... is it still crew iemd....?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprog

Established Member
No idea on their pool code :!:

But i beleive they are now allocated to Willesden TMD.

TheSlash

Established Member
Staying on the subject of these units, why have class 87's been hauling them around under the wires?

southy39

TheSlash said:
Staying on the subject of these units, why have class 87's been hauling them around under the wires?
because the majority of the class 325 have major faults and in several cases have had problems with the pantograph car and have had them removed as such the 325's can only be used as vans as oposed to units

AlexS

Established Member
I wouldn't say majority... Having no pantograph car means that as the train is being hauled, the lot isn't going to be grinding to a halt (as they did last month) on the West Coast Mainline because they have the backup of Class 87 lugging them around.

AlexS

Established Member
Hmm, they are similar to 319s, but not the same. They have a 319 body, with a Networker cab, and 319 based traction equipment as far as I remember. Nothing like the 323s though, which is a common misconception.

Status
Not open for further replies.