• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RTT Night Riviera

norbitonflyer

Established Member
Any suggestions as to why RTT tonight shows the up Night Riviera as only having three coaches? I am on it, and there are at least seven.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Any suggestions as to why RTT tonight shows the up Night Riviera as only having three coaches? I am on it, and there are at least seven.
The sleeping coaches seem not to be appearing in the feed. The 3-car bit is the brake coach, open coach and buffet coach.

Established Member
Slightly disconcerting to learn that the vehicle I'm currently travelling in is invisible to the system!
The relevant parties will be aware they are in the formation, including NWR and signallers.
Happens day in/day out where for some reason or glitches certain parts of formations are unable to be allocated.

Deafdoggie

Established Member
Probably A B and C.I imagine it encourages non berth holders to stand and board in the right place.
Not really, as it doesn't stop at 3 car marks & passengers can be in other coaches anyway as berth holders won't know their coaches are the ignored ones. And in Penzance & Paddington it's clearly obvious to all that it's not 3 coaches.

louis97

Established Member
So not an RTT issue, then...
The sleeper vehicles are designated differently to the seated vehicles which are designated 1st or Std. I think this results in confusion with the external systems taking the data in. Not sure if RTT has the data and is ignoring it or if due to the designation of the sleeper vehicles they are not in the data.

co-tr-paul

All vehicles are standard.
In the past there have been times when the seated coaches have had a separate unit number but Currently only PZ 88 and PZ89 are used and even then, all vehicles are interchangeable, indeed at least 6 swaps last week alone !

co-tr-paul

I'm part of the team that prepare them !
Actually thinking of re opening the Night Riviera Update thread in Traction section because will soon be starting G exams on locos and C6 on stock.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Actually thinking of re opening the Night Riviera Update thread in Traction section because will soon be starting G exams on locos and C6 on stock.
Does this mean there is a possibility of that Mk1 appearing more frequently for a while to cover for 17171/2/3...?

SWFreight

Please do! I'll be very interested to read the updates if you are able to, as will others I'm sure.

Tom

From memory I think the sleeper coaches are in the data but RTT filters coaches (from that data source) by whether they have first or standard class seats. CS is allocated differently and therefore works differently. Hence 3.

alastair

Can anyone say why the sleeper passed through Totnes empty at around 1015 this morning (running to Exeter St Davids only according to RTT). There's also an STP path back at 1255 but it's not been activated yet. Thanks.