• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rule Book for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Anyone got a rule book for sale in the binder? Doesn’t matter if it’s a year or two old.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AndrewE

Established Member
When this has come up before (I note it is in the Jobs/careers forum) the advice has been Don't!
If you are thinking about a job which requires one you will be given it, probably specific to your company ansd you will be led through the parts which affect you in your role. It will also be up to date.
Reading at random throws up all sorts of confusing side-issues and I suspect that the odd bits that you remember are likely to derail you learning (or passing) your training objectives...
If it's for a historical curio, try eBay!

ThePeakNed

When this has come up before (I note it is in the Jobs/careers forum) the advice has been Don't!
If you are thinking about a job which requires one you will be given it, probably specific to your company ansd you will be led through the parts which affect you in your role. It will also be up to date.
Reading at random throws up all sorts of confusing side-issues and I suspect that the odd bits that you remember are likely to derail you learning (or passing) your training objectives...
If it's for a historical curio, try eBay!
I don't see what's wrong for asking for a spare binder in a forum that contains a lot of rail staff...

skyhigh

Established Member
I don't see what's wrong for asking for a spare binder in a forum that contains a lot of rail staff...
Read the post you've quoted.

If you need one, you'll get one free. If you want one to get ahead, it's a bad idea. If it's just for interest try eBay.

That seems entirely fair to me?

ThePeakNed

Read the post you've quoted.

If you need one, you'll get one free. If you want one to get ahead, it's a bad idea. If it's just for interest try eBay.

That seems entirely fair to me?

At what point in Plinko's post did they say they were looking at getting a railway job and wanted a headstart on rules...

Last edited by a moderator:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
At what point in Plinko's post did they say they were looking at getting a railway job and wanted a headstart on rules...
The OP is in a talent pool for a driving job with Northern (from their previous posts).

I’d reiterate the advice - rules will be taught to you. Don’t try to get ahead (especially with out of date knowledge), it’s not worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.