• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Run time error 9 subscript out of range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack123

Hi all,
I installed BVE 2 for a bit of fun, not seen it for years, and every time I boot up the old bve 2 central line from shepherds bush to marble arch I get a message saying run time error 9 subscript out of range. This does work in openbve however I wanted it in bve 2 because you can use the ATO. Could somebody tell me how to fix it? The file is a .rw file if that helps??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hinko

hi jack123, its a long time since I encounted this problem and I cant remember how I sorted it,but I think it is an error in the route file. im sure somebody will give you the answer, in the meantime i will look in to it.hinko

hinko

hi jack123, ive had a look and im sure it means that not all objects are in the right place or theres some missing. make note if it tells you whats missing and you may have to find and copy object files and there respective bmps from another source into the objects folder you are having problems with.its a bit of a pain but should sort it out. It could also be a syntax error in the route file ie a comma or a full stop thats in the wrong place or shouldnot be there. again you are going to have to open the route and the diagram in a text program like notepad and search for the error, and a way to check is open one you dont have trouble with and compare the two.hope that helps.hinko

Jack123

Hi Hinko, I followed your advice about the objects and It was missing Northern line, BVE2 objects from its file. I have now downloaded these and everything works fine. Thank you ever so much, means a lot.
Regards,
Jack123

Status
Not open for further replies.