• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Runcorn East to Eastham Rake via Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

at.163

Hi there, I require some guidance regarding the use of an Off-Peak Day Return from Runcorn East to Eastham Rake, priced at £4.80.

On several booking websites (London Midland, redspottedhanky.com), if I specify to go via Liverpool, it seems you are allowed to use this ticket, changing at Earlestown and Lime Street. However, the National Rail route planner does not specify whether this ticket is valid via Liverpool, and the Arriva Trains Wales website indicates that it is not valid, and can only be used via Chester.

Even if this ticket is officially valid through Liverpool, would it be likely for conductors to disagree? I suppose I could print off an itinerary given by London Midland's booking engine, but since I don't know what time I'd be travelling and would likely be breaking my journey throughout the day, would the itinerary be seen as insufficient evidence, since it would be for a different time of the day?

Thanks for your help in advance, much appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tony_mac

Established Member
As far as I can see, it should not be valid via Liverpool - as Liverpool fails the fares check rule in the Routeing Guide.

There is also a (much) more expensive 'via Liverpool' ticket, and via Liverpool is a lot longer, so I wouldn't be surprised if it did cause a few problems.

They should really accept a valid itinerary from the website you booked with, but there is never any guarantee that will happen. If you are forced to buy a new ticket, I think the retailer ought to refund you for it, but it may be a lot of hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.