• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Running BVE on a Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

class 313

Established Member
Hey guys.

Last night I thought I would install BVE onto my Laptop. I installed the program and NET Framework 2.2. Went to load BVE4, came up with the resolution option then it nothing happened after. Would this be because of the version of NET Framework?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simon_G

I'm running with .Net 2.0 quite happily (indeed the performance is distinctly better than 1.1). I haven't tried 2.0 but I suspect the problem might be graphics related again, especially if the laptop has onboard graphics (as opposed to a separate graphics card).

Simon_G

No - I meant I haven't tried 2.2. I haven't tried 3.0 either, though :grin:

Turbostar

Got 2 & 3 running here, & no probs whatsoever. Must be another issue that's causing probs, BVE4 runs fine on my laptop.

Mart

reschanger

There is no such thing as .NET Framework 2.2.

The only versions that exist are:
3.5 (in development)

BVE seems to need 1.1. I don't know whether newer releases are cumulative or older have to be installed separately. I think at least version 1.0 should be preinstalled on Windows XP.

Either way, try to find out what version(s) you have installed by looking up the folder: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework

One folder for each version is present in this folder. BVE should not run at all if the appropriate version of the .NET Framework is not installed, so as you got to the resolution option dialog, I guess the right version is already installed. Either way, if the problem persists, tell me about what versions are installed first.

mbonwick

Established Member
I believe that all versions can be installed side by side, I.E they ARE NOT CULMULATIVE
I have 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.