• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Salisbury to London Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

gondukin

I'm looking at getting a season ticket from Salisbury to London Zone 1 (Bank). Are any of you knowledgeable folks aware of a ticket valid for that route cheaper than the standard please? I've had a bit of a play on the season ticket calculator but can't find anything.

Also I've had a look at the routing guide. For that ticket I believe the only permitted routes are direct to Waterloo (through Basingstoke), and into Paddington via Basingstoke and Reading. Is that correct or are there others I've missed?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
The normal London Terminals fare allows you to go to Paddington and all the 'southern' terminals, so you can use it to go to e.g. Cannon Street via changes at Waterloo East and London Bridge.

FenMan

Established Member
NRE is also happy with Salisbury - Basingstoke - Reading - Staines - Waterloo.

gondukin

London Bridge would have been very useful and saved me adding the Travelcard to get to Bank (I'm actaully going to St Katherine Docks), but I see that no trains from Waterloo East are stopping there between 8am and 9am, presumably because of the redevelopment works.

Perhaps I'll just invest in a folding bike and use the new cycle superhighway!

Thank you for your comments :)

LA50041

Established Member
London Bridge would have been very useful and saved me adding the Travelcard to get to Bank (I'm actaully going to St Katherine Docks), but I see that no trains from Waterloo East are stopping there between 8am and 9am, presumably because of the redevelopment works.

Whilst the London Bridge works are taking place, national rail tickets are being accepted on the jubilee line Waterloo-London Bridge

swt_passenger

Veteran Member

To add to the previous reply, AIUI the Waterloo East service to London Bridge will be reinstated in just a few months time, might be at the end of August?

(Opentraintimes shows London Bridge P6 back in use by down Charing Cross services week commencing 2nd Sept, which will be subject to confirmation of course.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.