• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Same Station Exits on Oyster

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcarmicle

How does Oyster behave on a same station exit that’s less than two minutes in length? I believe it used to charge a maximum fare, but thought I read it had changed with the move to back office processing? If so, does this also affect Oyster cards with railcard discounts?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

redreni

On 9 December I was travelling on a Network Railcard discounted paper day travelcard but absentmindedly tapped in with my credit card (which I normally use for commuting) at Canary Wharf Jubilee Line. I realised the error immediately and tapped straight back out again, then re-entered using my Travelcard.

It shows on my journey history, weirdly enough, as a pink reader tap at 12.30 at Canary Wharf (LU) followed by a yellow reader tap at 12.31 at Canary Wharf (LU), with a message underneath saying "Automatically completed journey. We have no record of where you touched in/out. The missing information has been completed based on a recent journey you made. This is to avoid charging you the maximum fare. Please remember to touch in and out to ensure you pay the advertised fare."

The charge is £0.00.

mangyiscute

Established Member
I think when I did this recently at Ealing Broadway (I tapped in with oyster then remembered that since i was going to reading, i needed to use contactless so i tapped out with oyster then back in with contactless) it charged me a maximum fare I think, but I could claim a refund on it on the tfl website. However, they limit it to something like 2 refunds per month to stop people from using this to fare evade

Status
Not open for further replies.