• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Samsung S8 Issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Looking for a bit of advice from all you lovely people. I bought my Samsung S8 on the 21st of May, but the AKG earphones that came with the device don't work.

O2 have referred me to Samsung directly as the earphones can't be replaced separately, yet Samsung have referred me back to O2 as they were the point of purchase.

What would the best course of action to take in getting this resolved?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
O2 should sort this out, as they are the retailer in this case. If they're not able to source the headphones separately, insist on having the whole phone replaced instead.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
o2 should resolve it, they are the retailer and so they are legally responsible for ensuring that the product they sold works.

Did you go into a Samsung shop or did you ring them up? Try ringing Samsung's warranty hotline, you may get more joy that way. I did when my charger port broke; EE were hopeless but Samsung had it fixed in a week. IME getting Samsung to fix it may be quicker than getting o2 to acknowledge that they have legal responsibility.

sk688

Looking for a bit of advice from all you lovely people. I bought my Samsung S8 on the 21st of May, but the AKG earphones that came with the device don't work.

O2 have referred me to Samsung directly as the earphones can't be replaced separately, yet Samsung have referred me back to O2 as they were the point of purchase.

What would the best course of action to take in getting this resolved?

Just a quick question . Did they work originally and have stopped working recently , or were they broken out of the box ?

I ask because I fear that they won't replace anything , due to the fact that it has been a month since purchase , they may well say it is user damage

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
o2 should resolve it, they are the retailer and so they are legally responsible for ensuring that the product they sold works.

Did you go into a Samsung shop or did you ring them up? Try ringing Samsung's warranty hotline, you may get more joy that way. I did when my charger port broke; EE were hopeless but Samsung had it fixed in a week. IME getting Samsung to fix it may be quicker than getting o2 to acknowledge that they have legal responsibility.

I went into the Samsung Support Store in Glasgow and also phoned them and on both occasions they referred me back to O2.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Just a quick question . Did they work originally and have stopped working recently , or were they broken out of the box ?

I ask because I fear that they won't replace anything , due to the fact that it has been a month since purchase , they may well say it is user damage

Never took them out of the box until roughly a week ago. The right earphone works but the left one doesn't.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
UPDATE...

Went to my local O2 store to get it replaced. They didn't have any in stock so the manager phoned the Samsung Support Store in Glasgow about getting it exchanged. According to the manager of the O2 store, I was to go on to the Samsung store and they would replace everything.

Went down, and it turns out they would only repair it (and by that I mean completely wipe the device to see if there is a fault with the handset) even though I told them explicitly it was the earphones that were the problem.

So I'm no further forward and I've left the phone at the store for them to 'fix' it and I've to pick it back up before 5.30pm.

If it's not fixed, i'll definitely be pusing a replacement of the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.