• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scaat / gbt

Status
Not open for further replies.

First class

Established Member
Hi,

I was wondering what requirements other TOCs have in terms of concentration testing for various levels of operational jobs, any help would be appreciated!

i.e. Do they require you to just do the SCAAT test, or do you need to do the Group Bourdon as well etc...

Shunter (not driving, i.e. controlling train movements around the depot confines)
Resource Controller
Rolling Stock Technician

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
I know with GBRf that thier ATM's (shunters) do not require any sort of physcometric test and I believe that also goes for controller positions.

driver9000

Established Member
As far as I know only Driver, Guard, MDD (depot driver) are required to pass either SCAAT or Group Bourdon (dots). Some companies that have the Trainman grade may require staff in that grade to pass the test too. When attending the assessment you day you take one or the other not both.

The grades listed in the original post dont need the concentration levels of traincrew so there is little point in testing concentration.

Status
Not open for further replies.