• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SCAAT Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjc

Any tips for passing the SCAAT tests?

I have been printing and trying to complete in the allocated 1 minute time frame. I assume you are better to be slightly slower and get more rows accurate the speedy and less rows?

Once again grateful for anybody's views on this :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

amanda08

I recently sat and passed this. I probably got close to a half page full each page, on the day. However the pages were smaller then the practice ones. On the practice ones I’d been getting between 15 and 10 lines (as they get progressively harder) with zero faults and maybe one or two omissions per page.

benjc

I recently sat and passed this. I probably got close to a half page full each page, on the day. However the pages were smaller then the practice ones. On the practice ones I’d been getting between 15 and 10 lines (as they get progressively harder) with zero faults and maybe one or two omissions per page.
Thank you Amanda, with the pracice tests did you give yourself 1 minute for each (stopping in between) or 3 minutes to get through all 3 tests in one go?

amanda08

Thank you Amanda, with the pracice tests did you give yourself 1 minute for each (stopping in between) or 3 minutes to get through all 3 tests in one go?
The actual test in three sheets of part one, three of part two and three of part three. So I was doing nine minutes without stopping. It’s a test of concentration as well as accuracy so definitely worth practicing under test conditions as it were.
Hope that helps :)

MYRTLE3000

Any tips for passing the SCAAT tests?

I have been printing and trying to complete in the allocated 1 minute time frame. I assume you are better to be slightly slower and get more rows accurate the speedy and less rows?

Once again grateful for anybody's views on this :)

Hi, I've tried to send you a message but it won't let me. May I ask where you got the practice scaat from? I cannot find any online.

Thanks!

amanda08

Hi, I've tried to send you a message but it won't let me. May I ask where you got the practice scaat from? I cannot find any online.

Thanks!
On here. If you look under the group boudon thread at the top, there is a link you can download. It was a massive help to me before my interview.

benjc

Thanks!
Hi, Sorry for the delay in my response. I was sent these by the TOC as is was a requirement of the role. There are some SCAAT tests online you can download.

Status
Not open for further replies.