• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scarborough Spa Express 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

xotGD

Established Member
Does anyone know if there are plans to have 'interesting' traction on the diesel-hauled leg this year?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spartacus

Established Member
I think they’ll need it, can’t really be bothered with a brief steam trip from York to Scarborough and back.

blackfive460

As, according to the train manager, using interesting diesels considerably boosted revenue last year I would be very surprised if there wasn't a repeat during the main part of the season this year.

37s will be used. 47 likely for heat whilst its not particularly warm, potential of colas again as well as other traction from the WCRC stable

theblackwatch

Established Member
Colas 70 on June 7th. (Info courtesy of 'Insect', who works for WCRC, on WNXX forum.)

Established Member
As, according to the train manager, using interesting diesels considerably boosted revenue last year I would be very surprised if there wasn't a repeat during the main part of the season this year.
Well, they've got two bookings for June 7th that they otherwise wouldn't have. Good job that my middle name is procrastination as I was on the verge of booking something else when this cropped up. We would have been miles away and probably unable to do it at all if I'd been a bit more decisive :p

Status
Not open for further replies.