• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scary incident today

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteVanMan

Today, I decided to travel to Weymouth and the first train I went to catch was cancelled (conked out at Woking apparently) and had to wait an hour at Winchester.
Anyway, got on the next Weymouth train and apart from slow running caused by a stopping train in front until Southampton Central nothing of note happened.
Anyway, on the approach to an occupation crossng near Wool the driver literally leaned on the horn (didnt think anything of it) until the emergency brake went in.....
A couple of minutes later the guard came on over the PA saying that we had just had a near miss with a "farm vehicle".........:shock:
That was a bit scary to say the least, especially as I was sat a few rows from behind the driver......:shock:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.