• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Schipol-Amsterdam Centraal routing query

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidgiles

Would anyone happen to know the route taken by Thalys between Schipol and Centraal?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Searle

Established Member
I can't tell you specifically, but it goes out of underneath the airport, between the A4 road, then rises up and turns northwards, then runs beside the metro, through Amsterdam Leylaan, then up through Sloterdijk, turns eastwards and joins the other lines, going southeast into Centraal.

Hopefully this is enough detail :P

dutchflyer

Established Member
not quite sure what your real Question is, but there is NO separate line for TLS-its the normal line for all trains, incl. InterCity, ICD=IC-Direct (former FYRA) and SPRinter (=all stops), total 6 trains/hr, with TLS the 7th, plus 2/hr more SPR untill Sloterdijk-turning north to Zaandam. Double track throughout- 4 tracks in tunnel from S'hol-the other 2 go to AMSterdam-Zuid (south and on). Longtime works to expand to 6 tracks there.
IF there are weekendworks-pretty common due to those works, TLS is rerouted- sometimes from S'hol via South, sometimes all the way from Rotterdam via the (now old) ''new'' line Woerden-Breukelen.

davidgiles

I can't tell you specifically, but it goes out of underneath the airport, between the A4 road, then rises up and turns northwards, then runs beside the metro, through Amsterdam Leylaan, then up through Sloterdijk, turns eastwards and joins the other lines, going southeast into Centraal.

Just what I was looking for, thanks!

David

Established Member
Would anyone happen to know the route taken by Thalys between Schipol and Centraal?

Thanks!

Hopefully, this video (from 1h 34m in) will show you! (Actual platform on arrival at Amsterdam may be different.)

Status
Not open for further replies.