• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Schoolboy, 15, dragged off train by conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vespa

Established Member
Watched the video, it doesn't look good and saying "I'm asking you nicely on camera" is interesting as if he's trying to mitigate his action, you should never manhandle passengers as you don't know who you're dealing with anyway especially with knife crime being so high, this is really a job for BTP, record their faces and pass on to RPI and BTP for further action.

In this case it looks like some ego is at play here and common sense has gone out of the window.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Anonymous10

Established Member
To what extent should people take responsibility for their own actions? I went to the gym the other day having forgotten to bring a pound for the locker. I had to walk home and get one. Should I have asked someone if I could borrow one, and would it have been for them to feel bad if they refused (or didn’t have one to lend) and I’d been run over by a car whilst walking back home?
I think people can be excused being a few pence short occasionally, as a regular traveller by bus and even in other areas I've been allowed to board for being a few pence off. Even as a 20 year old male.

spotify95

Not all TOCs have a strict hand off policy.

For us it's certainly not encouraged but the byelaw is not explicitly banned etc as there are occasions where you need to make contact. Such as in A defensive way, e.g holding arm out to stop person getting too close to you or prevent them from re boarding etc.
But the footage in the video is certainly more proactive and aggressive, rather than reactive and defensive. There is literally zero excuse for this.
I'd be pressing a criminal charge for assault and at the same time a civil charge for the value of a new replacement jacket/coat. If the coat was a Primark special, it could be £10 or £20. If it was Gucci or Louis Vuitton, it could be 3 or even 4 figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.