• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail Conductor applicants

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Charladenz

Don’t take that one, they might not/probably won’t accept your travel authorisation. Needs to be a Scotrail service. Only the 0755 that’s not Scotrail.
I did wonder this exact same thing actually on first looking at the options for Thursday and noticing it was LNER and not a ScotRail service. I'll go with the 0638 :D then there's time for a coffee & something to eat before the assessment.

AG78UK

Hi guys, how long after passing the medical,did you get a start date? For those who's got one. Thanks!
Once you have confirmation the medical has been passed it’s usually within a week or two you hear back. However as always with recruitment this could be subject to delays.

Borders1994

Hi guys, how long after passing the medical,did you get a start date? For those who's got one. Thanks!
Had my medical on Friday and they said after passing the medical it could take a week or two to be told a start date.

Last edited:

zilmed

Once you have confirmation the medical has been passed it’s usually within a week or two you hear back. However as always with recruitment this could be subject to delays.
Thanks

Had my medical on Friday and they said after passing the medical it could take a week or two to be told a start date.
Same here. Thanks. Where are you going to be based?

You’re an external applicant I believe? It shouldn’t be long. Mines was a week.
Cheers

Kuksoolgirl

Hi, a wee question re the tests....my email says you'll undertake 4 tests but only specifies 3, anyone willing to say what the 4th test is?
Thanks Screenshot_20240319_113727_Gmail.jpg

bristolian2024

I am a guard based in Southwest. Recently I applied to Scotrail for conductor. I was successful in the application stage and the first online Situational judgement tests. Last week they said wait for further assessment information. Today received an email saying I was unsuccessful. No feedback at this stage, so I am breaking my head what's happened and disappointed.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
I am a guard based in Southwest. Recently I applied to Scotrail for conductor. I was successful in the application stage and the first online Situational judgement tests. Last week they said wait for further assessment information. Today received an email saying I was unsuccessful. No feedback at this stage, so I am breaking my head what's happened and disappointed.

You're in the South West and applying for Scotrail? Did you explain you were relocating? Have you asked for feedback - at what stage were you unsuccessful as it isn't too clear.

bristolian2024

You're in the South West and applying for Scotrail? Did you explain you were relocating? Have you asked for feedback - at what stage were you unsuccessful as it isn't too clear.
Hey, thanks. Yes my wife wanted to move closer to her family in Scotland. I was successful in my application stage and SitJudgement online test . They told me to wait for further instructions and today got an unsuccessful email. Why they say I am successful at first and progressed to next stage and then unsuccessful suddenly. I am in tatters.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Hey, thanks. Yes my wife wanted to move closer to her family in Scotland. I was successful in my application stage and SitJudgement online test . They told me to wait for further instructions and today got an unsuccessful email. Why they say I am successful at first and progressed to next stage and then unsuccessful suddenly. I am in tatters.

Best to email for clarification as from what you've said you haven't failed at any stage yet. You didn't get any further emails, not even in spam/junk folders?

bristolian2024

Best to email for clarification as from what you've said you haven't failed at any stage yet. You didn't get any further emails, not even in spam/junk folders?
"Although we are unable to provide feedback at application stage we do wish you well in the future". There is no point in asking them because the email was explicit. I am hoping for an email saying they made a mistake sent to wrong person or something like that... no junk mails etc. I only told the HR I am not available for a week in April.

zilmed

They may not notice if you don't contact them. I had an assessment invitation without any slots to choose from. Was obviously a mistake and I had to contact them to sort it. Don't think it would be sorted otherwise, though.

agall2079

Went for my interview last Thursday on the 14th, thought it went quite well. Said we would find out hopefully in a week but still not heard anything, not sure if that's a good or bad thing or they are just really busy.

zilmed

Went for my interview last Thursday on the 14th, thought it went quite well. Said we would find out hopefully in a week but still not heard anything, not sure if that's a good or bad thing or they are just really busy.
I guess it depends on how many more days of interviews they ran after you. I’d try to get in touch with HR to ask. I know I was interviewed on the last day of interviews for my location, so I’ve been told, and I heard by the end of the same week.

Charladenz

Hi
I received notification on Thursday past that I have been invited to an assessment in Glasgow on the 21’s but I also have not got the conductor training booklet? I have emailed but no reply. Can somebody possibly forward it on to me too please? [email protected]

How did you get on at the assessment centre Dave, did you get the the results on Friday?

Anyone else on the forum who was at the assessment day 21st March?

Mumph

Well done Fingers crossed yeah

Hey

Did you get a call today?
Hi there,have you had a call regarding interview? I passed too but haven't had a call,as you mentioned she did say hoping for Friday interviews?

Dross

Hi there,have you had a call regarding interview? I passed too but haven't had a call,as you mentioned she did say hoping for Friday interviews?
Yeah we got one for the Inverness station. Not sure about your local one

Charladenz

It was a call from a 0330 number, initially I thought it was a spam call as the number looked that way. Be worth checking your call log just in case.