• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail Conductor applicants

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ange

Amazing @Dross hope you hear soon! I had my medical last week, just waiting for a start date now hopefully will find out soon How’s training going @Ameria ?

Dross

How did you find it @Dross ?

It's the waiting to find out that's the worst o_O no sleep till we know lol. Emails refreshed constant.
I thought it was really good tbh. Very structured questions to which I think I done not too bad. How did you get on? I know the feeling with checking lol. They said 12 interviews this week so could be a number of days yet I would have thought

zilmed

Whoever already did online training, do you have to do within certain hours or just during the day anytime?

Charladenz

I thought it was really good tbh. Very structured questions to which I think I done not too bad. How did you get on? I know the feeling with checking lol. They said 12 interviews this week so could be a number of days yet I would have thought
Same really, left feeling really positive that I did my best. Just the waiting. Hopefully it won't be too long before we at least know if it is a yes or a no at least to move onto the next stage.

Kuksoolgirl

Same really, left feeling really positive that I did my best. Just the waiting. Hopefully it won't be too long before we at least know if it is a yes or a no at least to move onto the next stage.
I had my interview this morning and they said could be Monday before they submit results to Atrium House. Fingers crossed

Mumph

I had my interview this morning and they said could be Monday before they submit results to Atrium House. Fingers crossed
What station were you interviewing for,I got an email stating that I had passed exam but have not received a phone call for an interview?

Scotrail84

Established Member
Perth and Aberdeen Conductor positions closed today, did anyone apply? Anyone heard anything from recruitment for these depots yet?

Charladenz

Perth and Aberdeen Conductor positions closed today, did anyone apply? Anyone heard anything from recruitment for these depots yet?

I've not applied but seen they had blue arrow recruitment for them too. Which from previous posters seems to be a quick way in also. I'm sure they probably had alot of interest.

Scotrail84

Established Member
I've not applied but seen they had blue arrow recruitment for them too. Which from previous posters seems to be a quick way in also. I'm sure they probably had alot of interest.
I find it strange that Guards jobs get advertised via an agency. The agency applicants still have to go through the same tests and procedures as everyone who applies via the ScotRail website though, not sure it's a quicker way in or not.

It could be that the recruitment department are overloaded with work and are using agencies to do the sift for them to take the pressure off them.

Fat Pav

I find it strange that Guards jobs get advertised via an agency. The agency applicants still have to go through the same tests and procedures as everyone who applies via the ScotRail website though, not sure it's a quicker way in or not.

It could be that the recruitment department are overloaded with work and are using agencies to do the sift for them to take the pressure off them.
They’re carrying out driver recruitment which is a massive task, likely that?

Scotrail84

Established Member
They’re carrying out driver recruitment which is a massive task, likely that?
Yeah it's possible. I'm guessing a lot of their time will be taken up sifting through wannabe drivers applications. Must be very time consuming unless of course they have a computer program that does it for them.

Charladenz

Does anyone know - previously (a few years ago) I was told by an employee at the local station the people recruited to Scotrail via Blue Arrow for hospitality roles were trained up but not officially Scotrail contracted employees. They were paid via the agency on a temp contract and didn't get the same perks for the job. Is this the same for the now advertised conductor roles?

Just interested to know if anyone is aware.

zilmed

I wouldn't have thought so. They couldn't justify having conductors who do the same safety critical role and yet being on different condition/salaries

Fat Pav

Does anyone know - previously (a few years ago) I was told by an employee at the local station the people recruited to Scotrail via Blue Arrow for hospitality roles were trained up but not officially Scotrail contracted employees. They were paid via the agency on a temp contract and didn't get the same perks for the job. Is this the same for the now advertised conductor roles?

Just interested to know if anyone is aware.
Recently recruited staff into Gateline / Ticket Examiner / Conductor have been given Scotrail contracts and full staff benefits despite being recruited by Blue Arrow.

Scott91DB9

Hope it’s ok to jump on I had my interview at Inverness train station Friday 29/03/24 I was told at the assessment in Glasgow that this would all be very quick from assessment to medical I still haven’t heard anything regarding the interview am I being too quick or should I wait a little longer to hear something I just thought I would have heard something by now thanks everyone

agall2079

Hope it’s ok to jump on I had my interview at Inverness train station Friday 29/03/24 I was told at the assessment in Glasgow that this would all be very quick from assessment to medical I still haven’t heard anything regarding the interview am I being too quick or should I wait a little longer to hear something I just thought I would have heard something by now thanks everyone
I had mine on the 14th of March and still not heard yet. They are obviously busy right now and just need to be patient.

Charladenz

There's a few of us on the forum that have been interviewed for the conductor post for Inverness. We are all in the same waiting position. They did say they were still to do driver interviews therefore, the wait could be long and those who progress through to the next stage of a successful interview - medical/offer of employment - would be held in a reserve until they know how many conductor posts are officially available and then onto the medical.

You maybe already know the above, however they essentially take as long as they take, it can be days/weeks/months waiting to hear anything.

Good luck :)

Kuksoolgirl

Anyone had any word from any depot yet, good or bad?
Not yet, my interview was 4th April at Inverness. I know its pretty much dependent on how much internal movement between conductor and driver, which was advertised a couple weeks after conductor. I ve applied for driver too and still waiting to hear results for SJT. So there could be a fair wait, however I thought we would hear the result of interview and they'd then take it from there.
Not a lot we can do but wait and hope.
What i was told at interview was you would more likely hear sooner if you were unsuccessful. But that's bit subjective as not hearing anyone's result !!??!

Anyone had any word from any depot yet, good or bad?
Not yet, my interview was 4th April at Inverness. I know its pretty much dependent on how much internal movement between conductor and driver, which was advertised a couple weeks after conductor. I ve applied for driver too and still waiting to hear results for SJT. So there could be a fair wait, however I thought we would hear the result of interview and they'd then take it from there.
Not a lot we can do but wait and hope.
What i was told at interview was you would more likely hear sooner if you were unsuccessful. But that's bit subjective as not hearing anyone's result !!??!

I had mine on the 14th of March and still not heard yet. They are obviously busy right now and just need to be patient.
Did you interview at Inverness too?

agall2079

I'm at almost 5 weeks since my interview, not in Inverness. I thought by now I'd know the result and maybe be advised if successful what the next steps would be but heard nothing at all, I'm kinda thinking that maybe I wasn't successful now.

Dross

I'm at almost 5 weeks since my interview, not in Inverness. I thought by now I'd know the result and maybe be advised if successful what the next steps would be but heard nothing at all, I'm kinda thinking that maybe I wasn't successful now.
Have you checked what it’s saying on the website profile?

Dross

It says still under consideration after attending an interview
They are still processing it like ours too then by the sounds of it. I’d imagine they have a lot to go through. Patience is a virtue so they say

They are still processing it like ours too then by the sounds of it. I’d imagine they have a lot to go through. Patience is a virtue so they say

Email out just now. I am in a reserve pool for 6 months. More successful applicants than positions available. Fingers crossed something changes in the next 6 months.
What happens after 6 months if no changes? Do I apply again if the post comes back up?

Last edited: