• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail conductor application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT18

Applied for a conductor role last month and the closing date was the 18/06/22. Still not heard anything and there’s no way to check application status. Is this normal?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Yes quite normal. You might be waiting weeks or even months for confirmation unfortunately; railway recruitment can be very slow. No harm in sending off an email to follow up.

Scotrail84

Established Member
Applied for a conductor role last month and the closing date was the 18/06/22. Still not heard anything and there’s no way to check application status. Is this normal?

If you saved your application at any point you would have had to have created a password to return to it at a later stage. I think the only way to check the status after you've submitted your application is to bookmark the applicant profile login page.

It is normal for you not to hear anything for sometimes months before you get an email out the blue. Recruitment can be very slow.

MT18

Applied for Glasgow, you?

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

Hardie12

I applied for this Glasgow central conductor role back in June. Got an email yesterday afternoon to complete an online SJT. Anyone else hear?

I applied for this Glasgow central conductor role back in June. Got an email yesterday afternoon to complete an online SJT. Anyone else hear?
I got an invitation for online customer service scenario test and a math calculation test.
Anyone done it yet?
Math test was terrible. You had twenty second the read the question and ten seconds to write down answers. Few of them was very easy but the majority required longer time to get the right answers. I feel very annoyed.
The customer service scenario assessment had no time limit and was not difficult.

AS1990

I wouldn’t worry too much. There’s been loads of positions for multiple depots been listed both internally and externally. There will have been 1000s of applications so they will be getting through them. I’ve spoken to a few externals who have just had their assessments so def working their way through the backlog.

I wouldn’t worry too much. There’s been loads of positions for multiple depots been listed both internally and externally. There will have been 1000s of applications so they will be getting through them. I’ve spoken to a few externals who have just had their assessments so def working their way through the backlog.
Thanks. I really hope. My math test results will be awful. I only managed to answer for few of them because lack of time . You need at least proper 1.5-3 minutes to properly consider and count the answer. 30 second was joke. And after 20 seconds it disappeared.

MT18

I got an invitation for online customer service scenario test and a math calculation test.
Anyone done it yet?
Math test was terrible. You had twenty second the read the question and ten seconds to write down answers. Few of them was very easy but the majority required longer time to get the right answers. I feel very annoyed.
The customer service scenario assessment had no time limit and was not difficult.

Well done on getting to the assessment stage, I managed to get an invite to one for a ticket examiner role. Would have preferred the conductor but still happy to have a chance of something.

Well done on getting to the assessment stage, I managed to get an invite to one for a ticket examiner role. Would have preferred the conductor but still happy to have a chance of something.
Hi there. Did you get any email back about your conductor application yet? Or still didn't heard back ? I think they are still checking applications.

Hardie12

Anyone done it yet?
I only got asked to do the customer service test. No maths test for me, did you get a link for both at same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.