• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Conductor Interview Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzo84

Hi Everyone,

First post and new here. I have been invited for an interview for a conductors post at glasgow with scotrail next week after sitting the assessment centre last week.

Can anyone shine some light on the information i should concentrate on learning for the interview and what interview questions there will be or normally are for a conductor? I know there will be the usual compentancy based questions but am i expected to know the lines and routes that leave the station, the information on tickets available etc or even the types of trains il be working on.

The more information i can get that i should be researching and learning would be great.

Thank you

Had my interview this morning, Thanks for everyone help on this.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Geot11

Hi Everyone,

First post and new here. I have been invited for an interview for a conductors post at glasgow with scotrail next week after sitting the assessment centre last week.

Can anyone shine some light on the information i should concentrate on learning for the interview and what interview questions there will be or normally are for a conductor? I know there will be the usual compentancy based questions but am i expected to know the lines and routes that leave the station, the information on tickets available etc or even the types of trains il be working on.

The more information i can get that i should be researching and learning would be great.

Thank you

Hi Mate hope it went well?What type of questions where u asked?

Benzo84

Hi Mate hope it went well?What type of questions where u asked?
Hey,

So im happy to help you here as nobody helped me when i asked.

I obviously cant remember all the questions but they were mainly situation questions i.e tell me a time that you......

Concentrate on customer service and safety focused answers.

I was asked to go through my work history - to which i was lookied at my last 5 years work history and related 3 points from each job that would transfer to this one. and pointed one 1 key thing i learned while doing the job.

A couple of the questions were : tell me a time you worked under pressure, tell me a time that you worked in a team and tell me a time that you had to deal with a situation that didnt go your way.

They dont put you underpressure they do tell you take your time to think of an answer.. but the more you can prepare before you go the quicker you can answer that shows you thinking on your feet.

I simply researched alot of questions and assigned a true experiance answer to each one so that no matter what they asked i could just tell them without um'ing and ah'ing.

Any questions let me know.

I got the job BTW

Congratulations

I still didn't even get a reply since I applied. Says your application still under consideration.... I don't understand the method they doing this recruitment process.

Hardie12

Hey,

So im happy to help you here as nobody helped me when i asked.

I obviously cant remember all the questions but they were mainly situation questions i.e tell me a time that you......

Concentrate on customer service and safety focused answers.

I was asked to go through my work history - to which i was lookied at my last 5 years work history and related 3 points from each job that would transfer to this one. and pointed one 1 key thing i learned while doing the job.

A couple of the questions were : tell me a time you worked under pressure, tell me a time that you worked in a team and tell me a time that you had to deal with a situation that didnt go your way.

They dont put you underpressure they do tell you take your time to think of an answer.. but the more you can prepare before you go the quicker you can answer that shows you thinking on your feet.

I simply researched alot of questions and assigned a true experiance answer to each one so that no matter what they asked i could just tell them without um'ing and ah'ing.

Any questions let me know.

I got the job BTW
Did you get a start date for the training course?

Benzo have you started the job yet?

Last edited:

LewisMac98

Hi Everyone,

Thank you

Hi Benzo, I was just wondering if you could provide any information on what was involved in the conductors psychometric test for Scotrail please?

Status
Not open for further replies.