• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail driver shift pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

col303

I was wondering if there were any Scotrail drivers out there who could give an example of their 3 week shift pattern? In particular anyone working from Perth would be great.

It's just to see it written down to follow how the days on/off works and the earliest/latest shift starts and finishes.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Most scotrail depots are early shift, back shift, early shift and so on.
Most depots rest day patterns are the same, it will be Monday Tuesday followed by Wednesday Thursday then Friday Saturday and back into Monday Tuesday giving you a long weekend every 3 weeks.
I don't know Perth but I'm certain it won't be too far away from this.

scotraildriver

Established Member
Most scotrail depots are early shift, back shift, early shift and so on.
Most depots rest day patterns are the same, it will be Monday Tuesday followed by Wednesday Thursday then Friday Saturday and back into Monday Tuesday giving you a long weekend every 3 weeks.
I don't know Perth but I'm certain it won't be too far away from this.

Exactly that plus a couple of nightshift weeks per year. It is very flexible though as you can pretty much swap what you want. I work a permanent backshift swap which saves me £500 per month in nursery costs. Its not for everyone but personally I love the shift pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.