• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail First Advance Tickets Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

herschell

I hope this is in the right place, can anyone tell me what has happened to the Scotrail First Advance tickets? Do they not do them anymore? Thanks for your help in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

herschell

I was looking to do Montrose to Edinburgh but every time I search on any operators site it's only First Anytime fares I can find not the First Advance which is what I'd prefer if possible, thanks once again

Starmill

Veteran Member
Since when do ScotRail offer Advance First!?

I have never seen one.

Last edited:

herschell

Since when do ScotRail offer Advance First!?

I have never seen one.

They used to other them when First operated the franchise but it looks like Abellio may have stopped them hence why I asked my question so as to find out what the story is now

Starmill

Veteran Member
They used to do tickets routed 'AP SCOTRAIL ONLY' in First Class? For Montrose <> Edinburgh?

Virgin Trains East Coast and CrossCountry offer them now for this journey and have done for a while.

ScotrailINV

I hope this is in the right place, can anyone tell me what has happened to the Scotrail First Advance tickets? Do they not do them anymore? Thanks for your help in advance

They were abolished at the franchise change along with the First Advance loyalty scheme. I used to use First Advances occasional one from INV - GLQ solely to get a power socket for the laptop (when they worked!).

me123

Established Member
I've not seen First Advance tickets for a while on Scotrail. And by "a while" I mean close to ten years. (I'm sure I did see some back then, but they were pretty pricy).

FC on Scotrail is currently not really worthwhile to be honest. You'd be better off catching the East Coast services - really reasonable fares in FC North of Edinburgh and complimentary food and drink that is far superior to Scotrail's offering (a light meal on VTEC compared to a cup of tea and a biscuit on Scotrail).

Status
Not open for further replies.