• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail passenger assist oddity

Status
Not open for further replies.

mde

Noticed this one on ScotRail's social media today…

2757.png
❗ For customers who require assistance while travelling, please note that from midnight Sunday 18th there is a temporary change to our Passenger Assist number. Please call 08000248998 to speak to the team.

https://www.facebook.com/ScotRail/posts/1957746087582758

The number they are quoting is that of the West Midlands Railway - who are, of course, (mostly) part of Abellio - but - it does seem a little strange. Anyone know if Abellio have ditched Journeycall, who also provide the service for RDG?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Caleb2010

Whenever I call Scotrail passenger assist I always have spoken with someone with a Scottish accent.

Different than with Southern when you are likely to be answered by any GTR Office!!

mde

Whenever I call Scotrail passenger assist I always have spoken with someone with a Scottish accent.
Yeah. At the moment it's outsourced to Journeycall in Arbroath (rather than being handled in-house at Fort Bill), but, this temporary change did make me wonder if they are taking it in-house, as Abellio has been staffing up their so-called "Customer Experience Centre" recently…

df9901

There's an issue with the ScotRail PA 0800 number which is being worked on. WMT also use Journeycall so we're having to temporarily push that out as the number to use til the main one is fixed. Calls are still answered by Journeycall.

mde

There's an issue with the ScotRail PA 0800 number which is being worked on. WMT also use Journeycall so we're having to temporarily push that out as the number to use til the main one is fixed. Calls are still answered by Journeycall.
Ah now that makes more sense! SR could have perhaps communicated that one better since Theresa no doubt some very confused callers who think they are getting through to the wrong place!

mbreckers

Just got this email from ScotRail

ScotRail said:
From midnight on Sunday our passenger assist number will temporarily change to 08000248998 to allow a system update. We thank you for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.