• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Recruitment Profile

Saltire1973

Hi All,

Over the last year or so I have applied for 4 positions with Scotrail, therefore have an online profile with them showing my applications and progress.

I very often can't access my profile and have been told by the recruitment team they are aware of this issue as many candidates have faced the same problem, this service is provided by an external provider and they are working on it. For those here with the same issue a workaround is to try and access using a link provided in an email from when an application is submitted or saved

Now, onto my query - each time I make an application it sits in my profile with the status "This application is under consideration" presumably until a member of the recruitment team goes over it and decides whether or not to progress it further.

I have had one application have the status changed to "This application is unsuccessful................." but it is still showing on my profile, another application was changed to "This application is under further consideration" - I have done further online and in person assessments for this one, so makes sense. However the other two applications have disappeared completely!

Does anyone have any similar experience of this or any knowledge why this may be? Is it the case that you can only have one active application in at a time?

I appreciate any replies will be anecdotal and If I need a definitive answer I should contact the recruitment team but my understanding is they are a very small team who are extremely busy so don't want to bother them with such enquiries.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Samsanbor

This is a very common issue at ScotRail and I've been excatly in the same situation myself in the past, however I'm not sure why this happens.
Everything you said it's correct as a far I'm aware, I can add that you can have for sure multiple live applications on your profile.

funbox55

Hi All,

Over the last year or so I have applied for 4 positions with Scotrail, therefore have an online profile with them showing my applications and progress.

I very often can't access my profile and have been told by the recruitment team they are aware of this issue as many candidates have faced the same problem, this service is provided by an external provider and they are working on it. For those here with the same issue a workaround is to try and access using a link provided in an email from when an application is submitted or saved

Now, onto my query - each time I make an application it sits in my profile with the status "This application is under consideration" presumably until a member of the recruitment team goes over it and decides whether or not to progress it further.

I have had one application have the status changed to "This application is unsuccessful................." but it is still showing on my profile, another application was changed to "This application is under further consideration" - I have done further online and in person assessments for this one, so makes sense. However the other two applications have disappeared completely!

Does anyone have any similar experience of this or any knowledge why this may be? Is it the case that you can only have one active application in at a time?

I appreciate any replies will be anecdotal and If I need a definitive answer I should contact the recruitment team but my understanding is they are a very small team who are extremely busy so don't want to bother them with such enquiries.
I had the same issue with the status sitting as the "application is under consideration" for a year now since i applied for the Trainee Driver role and I now can't get into my account so unsure what's going on but messaged them a couple of days ago seeking clarity. Just awaiting a reply now.

TootTootToot

I had the same issue with the status sitting as the "application is under consideration" for a year now since i applied for the Trainee Driver role and I now can't get into my account so unsure what's going on but messaged them a couple of days ago seeking clarity. Just awaiting a reply now.
I have had the same experience albeit I’ve not emailed them. Will be interested to hear what they reply to you with. I thought I’d been sifted out, but now unsure as to what’s going on. If you could share your update that’d be appreciated.