• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail Station Announcer Replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
TPE on board has dispensed with the female (Kath Donald, hence why the PIS was nicknamed RoboKat) and replaced with Neil (Rudd, BBC Radio Humberside presenter and former TPE Guard manager) while on stations Rob (Radnall, former TPE conductor trainer and competence assessor) has been replaced with the standard ATOS Anne.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Scotrail314209

Established Member
TPE on board has dispensed with the female (Kath Donald, hence why the PIS was nicknamed RoboKat) and replaced with Neil (Rudd, BBC Radio Humberside presenter and former TPE Guard manager) while on stations Rob (Radnall, former TPE conductor trainer and competence assessor) has been replaced with the standard ATOS Anne.

The announcements on TPE are very shouty now, it’s a bit annoying.

I recall a glitch when Lockerbie was entered as an additional stop, and for about 10-15 minutes the approaching Lockerbie announcement looped repeatedly

Parallel

Established Member
Kath was on one of the ex LNWR units I used last week. Although she does sound miserable, her voice flows very well and isn’t as ‘in your face’ as the new guy.

route101

Established Member
Kath was on one of the ex LNWR units I used last week. Although she does sound miserable, her voice flows very well and isn’t as ‘in your face’ as the new guy.

She was on the 185s from new , i thought she was that lady off BBC breakfast, Steph McGovern.

route101

Established Member
Noticed East Kilbride does not have any announcements , not sure about any other stations on the branch

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
She was on the 185s from new , i thought she was that lady off BBC breakfast, Steph McGovern.

Nope, definitely Kath Donald. She had a supervisory role at manchester airport but unaware of where she is now. There was an internal competition to be the voice, she won it the first time around. Neil Rudd won the more recent one.

Status
Not open for further replies.