• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail - Trainee Driver - Various (March 24)

WF4HA5HE

Exactly I’m waiting but pretending I’m not bothered but all the while thinking I’m really bothered. Never applied for a job before where I felt so invested in. I haven’t studied any of the further stuff because I’m assuming I’ve failed. I’m taking it one stage at a time and giving my all every stage. I’ll still be heartbroken if I don’t get through though. Best of luck to everyone refreshing emails every 10 mins. I’m on the same path
I'm doing the same, checking my emails every hour. I wouldn't be heartbroken though if you don't get through this time. If you dont get through atleast you can say you tried your best. Train driver jobs are very competitive and sought after. I know people who have been applying for years and not even got an interview but also others who got the job first time round it just depends.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DavidAtkin

Exactly I’m waiting but pretending I’m not bothered but all the while thinking I’m really bothered. Never applied for a job before where I felt so invested in. I haven’t studied any of the further stuff because I’m assuming I’ve failed. I’m taking it one stage at a time and giving my all every stage. I’ll still be heartbroken if I don’t get through though. Best of luck to everyone refreshing emails every 10 mins. I’m on the same path
Yeah in the same boat lol, keep looking at emails even tho it’s probably going to be over the weekend/ early next week people should start hearing back. It’s going to be a long process that’s for sure.

At least now I know I’m not the only psychopath checking e-mails every 10 minutes. I went through this in 2019 passed the practical test but failed on the DMI Interview. Had 2 people take it one really nice lady and some man who clearly had it out of me. Or at least that is what I felt at the time haha. Hopefully we all get what we want. Good luck

One stage at a time is exactly what you need to do

Last edited:

RiverDon

Yeah in the same boat lol, keep looking at emails even tho it’s probably going to be over the weekend/ early next week people should start hearing back. It’s going to be a long process that’s for sure.
Would be surprised if anything is sent out before Tuesday at the earliest now. Since it’s easter bank holiday weekend.

KD98

Hi I sat the SJT about 10 days ago. I don't want to get ahead of myself but feel it's best to prepare for the next stage if I’m lucky enough to progress. I know the next stage will be the assessment stage which will consist of psychometric tests, does anyone know if there is likely to be an interview at this stage as well? I've been reading about the DMI and MMI interviews, which one is likely to be first and what could I expect for each?

grantos3000

Hi I sat the SJT about 10 days ago. I don't want to get ahead of myself but feel it's best to prepare for the next stage if I’m lucky enough to progress. I know the next stage will be the assessment stage which will consist of psychometric tests, does anyone know if there is likely to be an interview at this stage as well? I've been reading about the DMI and MMI interviews, which one is likely to be first and what could I expect for each?
Not being funny but there’s plenty of info online and within this rail forum site about this if you can be bothered to look for it.

It’s unlikely anyone who has been through this before and knows what it involves will give you this information on this thread as quite frankly you’re the competition for this job and by posting it we would be giving everyone else the same info and losing any possible edge we might have!

We’re all in the same boat competing for an unknown very limited number of vacancies so I’d suggest you look up your query either on this forum or online as that’s how I found the info out first time round!

KD98

‘Not being funny’ but I am looking so don't assume I’m lazy. If you don’t have any meaningful advice then simply don’t respond.

Don't think it’s too much to much to ask if an interview is likely during the assessment centre stage when I assume others might be wondering the same.

RiverDon

I posted about my experience in applying for Scotrail in 2019 on page 2 and 4 of this thread, it might help you.

ls82

Hope we all hear soon this waiting for the result is painful good luck to everyone!

John Bishop

‘Not being funny’ but I am looking so don't assume I’m lazy. If you don’t have any meaningful advice then simply don’t respond.

Don't think it’s too much to much to ask if an interview is likely during the assessment centre stage when I assume others might be wondering the same.
If you’re serious about getting this job, why don't you educate yourself on the whole process and read the experiences of previous candidates. Everything you need to know is available here to read for yourself. Countless others manage to gather all the info they need and don’t expect to be spoon fed.

bigmeg

I still haven’t heard a peep. I was told by a scotrail employee it would take a couple of weeks at least. Good luck everyone.

Chasethemoon

Also still waiting. Likewise I was informed by a current ScotRail train driver that they get the results within 5-10 days. They then have to go through the times it took people to do the test. Not sure how accurate this is but it would explain the delay. Now glad I tried to do the test as fast but accurate as I could.

WF4HA5HE

I have completed one of those SJT before sent from OPC although for a different TOC not scotrail and from what i can remember it was around 2 weeks before i heard back. Obviously with the bank holiday I reckon it will be another week/week and half at a minimum till we hear anything.

I take that last statement back I just received my rejection email. :(

Last edited:

choochoo32

I have completed one of those SJT before sent from OPC although for a different TOC not scotrail and from what i can remember it was around 2 weeks before i heard back. Obviously with the bank holiday I reckon it will be another week/week and half at a minimum till we hear anything.

Sorry to hear that , hopefully another opportunity to apply again soon

DavidAtkin

Sorry about that, hopefully another opportunity comes up soon. Was the email from ScotRail directly?

Tr4inee

Sorry to hear this man.

ls82

Sorry about that, hopefully another opportunity comes up soon. Was the email from ScotRail directly?
Hi I've just received my rejection email im devastated going to apply again if they advertise next year hopefully.
Sorry to hear that I just received my rejection email too, devastated just hoping I get another chance soon.

ls82

Just received my rejection email absolutely devastated hopefully I can apply again soon.has anyone else heard back.i still have the conductor job under consideration from Jan before I applied for trainee driver so hopefully something comes from that.good luck to everyone else

anyone else received anything ? I still haven’t
Yes I just received my rejection email gutted hopefully get another opportunity soon.

WF4HA5HE

Just received my rejection email absolutely devastated hopefully I can apply again soon.has anyone else heard back.i still have the conductor job under consideration from Jan before I applied for trainee driver so hopefully something comes from that.good luck to everyone else
Ye same mate I'm devastated but not overly surprised. I think I was overthinking the SJT assessment too much who may have been my downfall.

DavidAtkin

Yes I just received my rejection email gutted hopefully get another opportunity soon.

Sorry to about that. Hopefully you get another opportunity. Have you just received the email this evening?

ls82

Ye same mate I'm devastated but not overly surprised. I think I was overthinking the SJT assessment too much who may have been my downfall.
Yeah I think a few of the questions caught me out not sure what they are looking for hopefully get a 2nd chance soon mate.

Sorry to about that. Hopefully you get another opportunity. Have you just received the email this evening?
Yeah got mine earlier gutted think the questions caught me out hopefully get another chance soon.

Chasethemoon

I completed the SJT on the evening of 25th. Still waiting on an email. Commiserations to anyone who has had bad news so far. What is for you won’t go by you.