• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail - Trainee Driver - Various (March 24)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

j1872

There is about 30 of us drivers at Edin Trams still waiting to here back , Everyone of us done the SJT and still wai to here back , There is one driver who applied a while ago and was in a talent pool who has just been invited for assessment centre
Current TSA at trams here as well mate, just received an email yesterday from Scotrail that I’ve met required standards and they’d be in touch with next stage. Assuming this is now waiting on an assessment day?

Arussoco

Current TSA at trams here as well mate, just received an email yesterday from Scotrail that I’ve met required standards and they’d be in touch with next stage. Assuming this is now waiting on an assessment day?
No worries, Hopefully here back soon . Noticed people saying they have applied for certain depots but I can't recall a part of the application that let you select a specific depot

John Bishop

2 assessment days plus interview then medical. Now the hard work really begins! Good luck.

Kuksoolgirl

No worries, Hopefully here back soon . Noticed people saying they have applied for certain depots but I can't recall a part of the application that let you select a specific depot
You don't say how you applied, but when I applied through the scotrail website each depot was advertised separately.

Chaz15

The generic one didn't specify, just asked your closest train station which obviously may not be a depot. I just put closest station, plenty people prob don't even know the difference.

Glasgow74

You don't say how you applied, but when I applied through the scotrail website each depot was advertised separately.
I applied via the Scotrail website but the advert said "trainee train drivers - SCOTLAND"

It only asked what train station,not depot, was closest to where I live, not sure if thats the same thing.

j1872

2 assessment days plus interview then medical. Now the hard work really begins! Good luck.
Just trying to keep my cool and play the waiting game. Hopefully all be worth it in the end

Aye I kind of wondered that, only part on application was asking where your nearest station is so I’d assume they’d take that from there( tbf depot still only at Haymarket)

Arussoco

Yip i applied through the scotrail website too and there was only one advertisement and that was just for Scotland at the time i applied

Scottt

Got what looks like a generic response from scotrail when I sent an email asking for any update.

Thank you for contacting Recruitment at ScotRail.

If we could ask that you please continue to monitor your emails including any junk or spam folders that you may have for all future correspondence from us in regards to the outcome of your OPC assessments.

We thank you for your patience in this matter.

Kind regards,

Recruitment

station id

I got an email yesterday telling me that id passed the online tests and they would be in touch soon about the next stage of the process.

Kuksoolgirl

Can't remember exactly but it was around 27th March I think. Be interesting to see how long I have to wait for the next stage. Going by some of the posts here it could be a while.
Hey, well done. I noticed you're Highlands, was it Inverness you applied for? I sat my SJT on 30th, closing date 31st march

hoody11

Has anyone had a response, positive or negative, to the SJT”s where Edinburgh is your closest depot? I ask as I have heard nothing, thanks in advance

ZackCulross

Have you completed the OPC assessment as yet??
I am now through the online process and wondering what comes next?
Thanks
Craig
I have done OPC test but not heard back as of yet
Likewise my friend.
I am hoping for a quick response.
What prep are you doing whilst you wait?
You may be waiting a lonng time, railway recruitment can be very long, there are still people from 2019 i believe who as still going through the process.
but good luck

j1872

So I was speaking to a Scotrail driver yesterday and asked him how the application process works.

1- initial application submitted.
2- they sieve through them and those deemed to have “strong” applications get sent the 1st OPC test email
3- Again, those that pass the first lot of OPC tests, then get sent the 2nd OPC( SJT) test.
4- Those that pass the SJT will then essentially be sent another email eventually with a congrats- you have reached required standard.
5- Wait out for an email with assessment date( this can take up to 12 weeks from this stage)

He did also add that the process may vary and can just depend on what depot/ station was put in our application and what not. So it’s just a matter of sitting tight essentially ‍♂️

Exact same as myself, doesn’t look like any Edinburgh based have had any joy so far
I’m Edinburgh based mate and I received my “congrats- required standard. We’ll be in touch with next steps” email.How long this takes, who knows. Bear in mind they’re still narrowing down 1000s of applicants so just need to sit tight I guess.

jmccallion93

So I was speaking to a Scotrail driver yesterday and asked him how the application process works.

1- initial application submitted.
2- they sieve through them and those deemed to have “strong” applications get sent the 1st OPC test email
3- Again, those that pass the first lot of OPC tests, then get sent the 2nd OPC( SJT) test.
4- Those that pass the SJT will then essentially be sent another email eventually with a congrats- you have reached required standard.
5- Wait out for an email with assessment date( this can take up to 12 weeks from this stage)

He did also add that the process may vary and can just depend on what depot/ station was put in our application and what not. So it’s just a matter of sitting tight essentially ‍♂️

I’m Edinburgh based mate and I received my “congrats- required standard. We’ll be in touch with next steps” email.How long this takes, who knows. Bear in mind they’re still narrowing down 1000s of applicants so just need to sit tight I guess.
Well done mate. Can only imagine the ammount of applicants, still not heard any bad news yet so quite happy to wait it out and hopefully a positive outcome! Looks like they’ve been quite proactive this week so fingers crossed it’s not too much longer

j1872

I think they’re overwhelmed and obviously trying to sort out several assessment days for those who’ve been successful so far so can imagine this will take a while. Currently practicing bourdon tests( both dots & letters) so I guess this is all I can do in the meantime

Craig PO45

I have done OPC test but not heard back as of yet

You may be waiting a lonng time, railway recruitment can be very long, there are still people from 2019 i believe who as still going through the process.
but good luck
Cheers Zack..

Just as well I have a degree of patience..