• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail - Trainee Driver - Various (March 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

watty30000

Had to complete the SJT by 27th March and completed it on the 25th.
I haven’t had a rejection email and my application is still live on my profile but using the magic 45 minutes from my location, the only depot would be Dundee, so just going to head to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for it to all blow over (as long as I don’t have to do a breath test for a medical)

Scottt

Does the application get removed from your profile if you have been rejected?

Has anyone who has been rejected checked?

Just heard another successful for Glasgow, a relation of my sons GF

Last edited:

Dmcb

Last year I never made it through the initial sift but my application stayed on the profile for months before disappearing. No communication from ScotRail during that time. Hopefully they are just working through the vast numbers behind the scenes and will get to our applications and let us know either way, as frustrating as that is.

Scottt

Last year I never made it through the initial sift but my application stayed on the profile for months before disappearing. No communication from ScotRail during that time. Hopefully they are just working through the vast numbers behind the scenes and will get to our applications and let us know either way, as frustrating as that is.
Thanks for taking time to reply mate

Scotrail84

Established Member

It usually changes on your applicant profile to something like "this application was unsuccessful on this occasion, we wish you luck in any future applications"

Just FYI I’m Perth area and have now received “ you have met the required standard “ email. So worth checking your emails.

BigChungus

Nice one man, looking into what would be the next stage any help is great
From what I’ve gathered there’s 2 different assessment days, interview with management and then the medical. Ive not researched what the assessment days consist of yet however

Just received my email to advise I have been successful after SJT and I’m through to the next stages. I sat my SJT 27th March and my nearest station I put as Waverley. Although, technically there are a couple, smaller stations close by. Hope this helps anybody still waiting in hope.

Last edited:

Baz79

Just received my email to advise I have been successful after SJT and I’m through to the next stages. I sat my SJT 27th March and my nearest station I put as Waverley. Although, technically there is a couple, smaller stations close by. Hope this helps anybody still waiting in hope.
Congratulations mate

doonhamer

I’m Dumfries and done SJT 27/03 but nothing back so far. Anyone else who is Dumfries or D&G heard anything yet?

optimist21

Just FYI I’m Perth area and have now received “ you have met the required standard “ email. So worth checking your emails.
No email either way for me yet. Did the SJT on 21st March. Not a clue what that means either way buy just have to wait and see. Congrats on yours

danjw86

Good evening all. I looked up this thread as I have also applied and completed the SJT before the 25th of March deadline. I didn’t pick a preferred depot as it never gave the option but im only 20mins from Edinburgh and 30 mins from Sterling. I still haven’t received any correspondence at of yet and just wondered if anyone had applied from the Dunfermline area and had, had any news yet?

Thanks

AaronDee1

Hi i am wondering what type of assessments i would need to study for if anyone has any hints or tips that would be great. I appreciate we are all in the same boat but just want to wish everyone good luck and fingers crossed for those who yet haven't got the successful email just yet !

kickin aff

Good evening all. I looked up this thread as I have also applied and completed the SJT before the 25th of March deadline. I didn’t pick a preferred depot as it never gave the option but im only 20mins from Edinburgh and 30 mins from Sterling. I still haven’t received any correspondence at of yet and just wondered if anyone had applied from the Dunfermline area and had, had any news yet?

Thanks
Leven depot are also looking to increase driver compliment.
Leven drivers currently sign Fife circle, Leven - Edinburgh, E And G, Edinburgh - Dunblane and Queen Street - Stirling.

LostSoul4Ever

Looks as though folk are maybe bearing back by location/depot. Has anyone in the North Lanarkshire area heard anything - positive or negative - since the SJT?

connorb

Thanks
I’m near Dunfermline and haven’t heard anything back. My closest station is Cowdenbeath. Looking back I don’t know if I should have put a depot instead.

Doonhamer96

I’m Dumfries and done SJT 27/03 but nothing back so far. Anyone else who is Dumfries or D&G heard anything yet?
I’m Dumfries and got an email saying I had met the required standard and they would be in touch with the next stage of the process. SJT was also 27/03. Hope you hear something soon by the looks of things they are working through a lot of applications

RiverDon

I did my online SJT back in March but still not heard anything yet after the email saying thanks for completing the test. I asked a pal who knows a guy who works at the station and he said they are looking for three external trainee drivers at Aberdeen out of the current recruitment campaign. Also they apparently just started five trainee drivers for Aberdeen last month who are at the course now so not sure how quickly the next steps will go.

doonhamer

I’m Dumfries and got an email saying I had met the required standard and they would be in touch with the next stage of the process. SJT was also 27/03. Hope you hear something soon by the looks of things they are working through a lot of applications
Congratulations! When did you get the email? Good luck with the next stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.