• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Calum Simpson

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped me with advice throughout this process from the 1st assessment to the 2nd Assessment and MMI today I have pass all tests and interviews and am awaiting a date for my medical once again thanks everyone! Big mention for Big Driver, UpsideDownFlyer and Junk_girl! Major big thanks for taking the time to help me! All the hardwork has paid off!
Done my tests also yesterday havent heard anything pretty sure I'll be getting a rejection today at some point after hearing you got word back. Congratulations though mate was a long drawn process

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GS17

Have a little faith mate, you never know I dodnt get my tail around half 5 so could have been going through and finished for the day and coming in today to work on the rest cause I was told the sheets would have to be typed up and then looked through by the head of recruitment so just keep calm mate and hopefully you hear today

Calum Simpson

Have a little faith mate, you never know I dodnt get my tail around half 5 so could have been going through and finished for the day and coming in today to work on the rest cause I was told the sheets would have to be typed up and then looked through by the head of recruitment so just keep calm mate and hopefully you hear today
Got the dreaded email mate fail the mmi interveiw I'm pretty sure I know where I went wrong I felt a bit of panic for some reason and I think it showed. But again congratulations mate wasn't an easy process and all the best in your new career

GS17

Aww what! That's rotten man! Was really hoping the 4 of us who were there all got it aswell am gutted for you maybe honestly :( dont let it put you off go for it again when it comes up you got to the last part so next time when you go in you will know what to do!

Calum Simpson

Aww what! That's rotten man! Was really hoping the 4 of us who were there all got it aswell am gutted for you maybe honestly :( dont let it put you off go for it again when it comes up you got to the last part so next time when you go in you will know what to do!
Yeah defo mate I'll apply when it comes back up . Hopefully the others done good aswell was a good bunch of people

FRC

Let's see how many of us in reserve pool.
Please mention your 1st assessment and DMI dates and local train station.
Mine,
1st assessment- 20th June 2019
DMI - 14th August 2019.
Station: Musselburgh/Edinburgh
Please red

St Rollox

A heads up for anyone interested - Scotrail will be advertising online for trainee drivers very shortly, with vacancies at almost every depot. Interestingly having seen the advert today (not online yet) it specifically states that anyone who has previously failed the assessments, even twice, is welcome to apply for the new testing process. Previous attempts are now all deleted.

Pity the internet wasn't around in the 1970s.
Ah well maybe in my next life.

Jam00036

Let's see how many of us in reserve pool.
Please mention your 1st assessment and DMI dates and local train station.
Mine,
1st assessment- 20th June 2019
DMI - 14th August 2019.
Station: Musselburgh/Edinburgh
Please red
1st assessment- 7th February 2019
DMI- 12th March 2019
Depot- Edinburgh or Bathgate

xPedro

I've just had an email following my DMI on Wednesday 28th August for Inverness. It says although successful at the interview there were more successful candidates than vacancies and I will be held in reserve pool for 6 months. I know people have been taken from the pool before and on occasions it a year or two down the line, not sure how to feel about it really? Is it a case of provided you pass the final tests and interview you have a job just not quite yet?

Thanks

Tamw500

1st assessment- 7th February 2019
DMI- 12th March 2019
Depot- Edinburgh or Bathgate

1st assessment -23rd july
DMI- 21st august
Depot- Not specified although yoker was mentioned at interview, but theres a few driver depots within 45 mins

Kuksoolgirl

I've just had an email following my DMI on Wednesday 28th August for Inverness. It says although successful at the interview there were more successful candidates than vacancies and I will be held in reserve pool for 6 months. I know people have been taken from the pool before and on occasions it a year or two down the line, not sure how to feel about it really? Is it a case of provided you pass the final tests and interview you have a job just not quite yet?

Thanks
Hey xPedro I had my interview yesterday at Inverness, and got same email as you today. I find it strange that they don't wait and put candidates who have passed all the stages in the reserve pool, considering the next stage of tests look more difficult to pass. 1 position at Inverness though, we did pretty well.

Boris533

Hi, is anyone else still under consideration? Should I just accept that it is a no? Or is there still hope?
The process can take a long time, especially from application to first assessment. Until it stops saying "under consideration" I'd say it's just that, still under consideration. Best of luck!

kickin aff

Hi, is anyone else still under consideration? Should I just accept that it is a no? Or is there still hope?

Bazza85, I applied last year, heard nothing and was showing under consideration for 8 months. It then just motored on from there. Although it's a killer, remain patient and positive.

xPedro

Hey xPedro I had my interview yesterday at Inverness, and got same email as you today. I find it strange that they don't wait and put candidates who have passed all the stages in the reserve pool, considering the next stage of tests look more difficult to pass. 1 position at Inverness though, we did pretty well.

Well done! Reading back on here loads of people in the pool are taken forward so it's a good place to be. Seems strange holding people who may fail at the next hurdle but I guess that's why they take a few into the pool?

bhoAlba

Well done! Reading back on here loads of people in the pool are taken forward so it's a good place to be. Seems strange holding people who may fail at the next hurdle but I guess that's why they take a few into the pool?
I believe the reason for doing it this way is if they allowed applicants to do all the tests first before placing them in a pool then people could apply to other TOCs having completed all the tests at the expense of ScotRail. Think of it as a positive and use the extra time in the reserve pool to prepare for the next stages!

neily878

I have been given a conditional job offer and a possible start date in November. But online it still shows under consideration. Anyone else in the same boat and given the same info. I’m in for Tweedbank.

Kuksoolgirl

I believe the reason for doing it this way is if they allowed applicants to do all the tests first before placing them in a pool then people could apply to other TOCs having completed all the tests at the expense of ScotRail. Think of it as a positive and use the extra time in the reserve pool to prepare for the next stages!
Right that makes sense re putting us in the pool at this stage!! Trouble is, I was told at interview there is only one trainee space available at Inverness this time round,as they took on quite a few trainees last time. But yep, should use this time to practice for next round of tests (just in case!). Clip of traffic scene looks pretty tough, I guess you could improvise or get someone to make similar format examples, with multiple choice answers. Best of luck to all going through the process!!

Junk_girl

I have been given a conditional job offer and a possible start date in November. But online it still shows under consideration. Anyone else in the same boat and given the same info. I’m in for Tweedbank.

Ignore that. Im doing my training (7 months in) and mines says ‘under consideration’

ER158715

Right that makes sense re putting us in the pool at this stage!! Trouble is, I was told at interview there is only one trainee space available at Inverness this time round,as they took on quite a few trainees last time. But yep, should use this time to practice for next round of tests (just in case!). Clip of traffic scene looks pretty tough, I guess you could improvise or get someone to make similar format examples, with multiple choice answers. Best of luck to all going through the process!!

Currently 20 trainees at various stages of training in Inverness at present.

Kuksoolgirl

Looks like we may have missed the boat slightly.
Here here, here's me
That's brill news, well done, I'm guessing you have completed all the recruitment stages. Is it conditional based on passing medical?