• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GS17

Passed my medical yesterday just awaiting results for urine test coming through but I know it's all good woop!

Boris533

When did you find out you have an October start? Where you going? I'm still waiting on a start date...going on 3 months now!
Maybe around 2 weeks ago now I had my contract sent out. I'll be at Edinburgh. Wow I've heard a few guys now having to wait ages after there medical.

macca92

Hi guys, got my DMI tomorrow up in Aberdeend and starting to get some nerves :idea:
Does anyone have any last minute words of advice on what they are likely to ask? I feel I've covered most areas but anything would be appreciated :D

Bigdriver

Hi guys, got my DMI tomorrow up in Aberdeend and starting to get some nerves :idea:
Does anyone have any last minute words of advice on what they are likely to ask? I feel I've covered most areas but anything would be appreciated :D
If u have read this thread u will have all the info u need

Drew94

How did you get on? Iv got my dmi in Aberdeen on Thursday feel so unprepared

macca92

How did you get on? Iv got my dmi in Aberdeen on Thursday feel so unprepared
Just out now, i think it went okay. Didnt feel i struggled badly with questions that they asked. They said tomorrow is the last day of interviews so fingers crossed i did well enough to get through.

Bigdriver

Just out now, i think it went okay. Didnt feel i struggled badly with questions that they asked. They said tomorrow is the last day of interviews so fingers crossed i did well enough to get through.
U will get a email today or first thing tomorrow morning finger crossed for u

SC25

Fingers crossed for you. Daft question, was that for a job in Aberdeen?

Drew94

Good stuff, ye got mine tomorrow for the Aberdeen depot positio . Just the questions you where told to prepare for? Ie role of a driver, why you want to be a driver, knowledge of depot, company routes etc?
Been through everything but feel unprepared lol

GS17

After being told you passed your medical how ling did you wait until your contract came through?

New applicant

Can anybody who has done the second assessment day mmi etc let me know roughly how long it takes I’m sure Iv seen 4 to 5 hours somewhere but not sure

neily878

God sake well hopefully it isn't the case of waiting months and hopefully it's only the matter of a few weeks now that they have stopped doing interviews!

I’m about 5 weeks since my medical and not received a contract or a start date yet. So hopefully find out soon. Even if it was a while away it would be good to know a start date.

golfingdaddy

God sake well hopefully it isn't the case of waiting months and hopefully it's only the matter of a few weeks now that they have stopped doing interviews!

Conditional offer 3 months ago, medical passed 2 months ago. Still waiting on start date.

RyanY3105

Anyone that had passed the 2nd assessment and MMI - would you mind sending me a PM explaining what the day is like?

Thanks.

New applicant

I would like to think it would not make a difference from what I’m told a change in franchise just means a change in uniform that’s about it all contracts stay the same obviously not confirmed but I wouldn’t worry also there would surely be a long period for other companies to tender bids etc

FRC

I would like to think it would not make a difference from what I’m told a change in franchise just means a change in uniform that’s about it all contracts stay the same obviously not confirmed but I wouldn’t worry also there would surely be a long period for other companies to tender bids etc
Yes, I was told the same, there will be different franchisee but Scotrail will stay as it is

Boris533

I understand that but I imagine different company's will want to do things differently also. I understand once your with scotrail you will just change hands with the franchise. I suppose I'm over thinking it as nothing may happen at all but it's food for thought.

Boris533

Does it give you much information regarding what’s going to happen or is it more or less just a case of turn up here ?
It comes with a travel pass, 2 contracts one for you one to take in on your first day and a document explaining your contract and a document telling you what to bring with you etc

Bigdriver

It comes with a travel pass, 2 contracts one for you one to take in on your first day and a document explaining your contract and a document telling you what to bring with you etc
Nice one mate can’t wait for mine to come in lol