• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

They have just started advertising internally for drivers at all depots. I’ve heard a number and it’s quite a lot.

I suspect they’ll be published online soon, if they’re going to open it externally. Keep your eyes peeled.

kickin aff

I wonder if Abellio are really going to try and sort this over the next couple of years in an effort to bid for another chance from the scottish government.

With losing the contract I would of thought that it would of made financial sense for them to shut up shop with little spending.

C001

I wonder if Abellio are really going to try and sort this over the next couple of years in an effort to bid for another chance from the scottish government.

With losing the contract I would of thought that it would of made financial sense for them to shut up shop with little spending.

Last edited:

gedu94

I applied in May last year, and didn't hear a thing for months, so I just assumed that I was unsuccessful. However, I received an email today inviting me to an assessment centre on the 19th February! Time to hit the ground running!

pendy12

Had my MMI today and happy to say I passed. Big thanks to those on the forum including boris, bigdriver and Kendo to name a few.

Nosillomr

I applied in May last year, and didn't hear a thing for months, so I just assumed that I was unsuccessful. However, I received an email today inviting me to an assessment centre on the 19th February! Time to hit the ground running!

Wow! What location are you in for/closest to?

jimmyshaker

I was the same, and am in for an assessment on Wednesday, which now feels a lot closer since I've booked the train ticket down to Glasgow.

Kuksoolgirl

I was the same, and am in for an assessment on Wednesday, which now feels a lot closer since I've booked the train ticket down to Glasgow.
You should get a complimentary ticket in the post (unless they're cutting costs ), and if you do take your ticket with you , they'll refund it (about 2 months later). Good luck

gedu94

That's great, best of luck to you for Wednesday! How have you found preparing for the assessments?

MarkR26

I'm in on Wednesday after applying in May last year and just assumed i'd been unsuccessful. Now sitting doing the practice stuff like I'm back at uni.
The MMI is the bit i'm most nervous about since I don't usually interview well.
Has anyone had an MMI recently? Is it likely that i'll get mine on Wednesday after the tests?

golfingdaddy

I'm in on Wednesday after applying in May last year and just assumed i'd been unsuccessful. Now sitting doing the practice stuff like I'm back at uni.
The MMI is the bit i'm most nervous about since I don't usually interview well.
Has anyone had an MMI recently? Is it likely that i'll get mine on Wednesday after the tests?

Is it the assessment centre or computer tests you have on Wednesday?

Nosillomr

It's been a while, but glad to hear back finally! Glasgow will be my nearest. Are you still waiting to hear back, or have you did your assessments/interviews yet?
I also applied in May last year but haven’t heard anything back. Think it depends where you’ve applied for and if they’ve vacancies. Good luck.

Carrjohnboy84

That's amazing news! Well done!
I applied same time, probably been blinded, but still sitting under consideration! #hope!

Carrjohnboy84

That's amazing news!
I applied same time just assumed been blinded (probably has been) but still sitting under consideration! #hope

MarkR26

Is it the assessment centre or computer tests you have on Wednesday?
Assessment centre today. Thought I'd buggered it to be honest with the last one. Got an email about 2 hours later which was totally unexpected to say I'd passed the first round.

I'm in tomorrow, what was the last one your talking about? And well done on passing
Last one i had on Tuesday was cable and dials but i found that really easy every one will be different i found the beeps harder. And they might run them in different order. They talk through everything and have examples to put you at ease, all the best for it!

MarkR26

We done the dials last. But they'll probably change the order and tests slightly I'd imagine.
Pay attention to the examples they give you to try first is the best advice.

Thanks and best of luck to you if it not too late.

Del 2804

We done the dials last. But they'll probably change the order and tests slightly I'd imagine.
Pay attention to the examples they give you to try first is the best advice.

Thanks and best of luck to you if it not too late.
thanks, I know I posted that it would seem last night but I'm doing night shift, not the best preparation, so it's at 9.30 tomorrow morning, thanks for the advice

gedu94

I also applied in May last year but haven’t heard anything back. Think it depends where you’ve applied for and if they’ve vacancies. Good luck.
It must do! They must be absolutely swamped with applications! Thank you :) I hope you hear back soon!

MarkR26

thanks, I know I posted that it would seem last night but I'm doing night shift, not the best preparation, so it's at 9.30 tomorrow morning, thanks for the advice
Mine was supposed to be after a nightshift but I managed to get it swapped.

How did it go?

Del 2804

Mine was supposed to be after a nightshift but I managed to get it swapped.

How did it go?
it went OK mate, I was a bit tired but I was too focused and determined to let it affect me, got an email 2 hours later to say I met the standard and passed all tests so prep and some research for the next part starts now