• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

hollyblue

Just the way it is mate and has been for everyone ! Me and a few others have passed our medical weeks ago and still waiting for a start date ! Just look at it this way u have done the hard part medical is just a case of turning up no stress or pressure

The medical is just my a case of turning up is it? “No stress or pressure”. Tell that to those who have had previously unknown issues found and had struggles getting through or even worse, failed the medical.

Nobody, in my opinion, should be taking any of the process for granted at all.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LoogaBarooga

There's nothing you can do about the medical so he's right to say there's no point worrying about it.

It's no like you can practice for it.

train373737

Hey.

New member to this forum. I've got the 1st Assessment day on the 22nd and thanks to this forum I now know what material to concentrate on. I'm just wondering if anyone knows where to find practice material? Specifically Tea-Occ and TRP tests.

Thanks in advance

For TEA-OCC the practice material available on https://traineetraindriverinfo.com/product/everyday-attention-test-tea-occ/ is very helpful. From my understanding of the TRP test, part 1 is of similar difficulty to the passage they provide you with the practice material however their is an audio recording playing at the same time, taking notes on just the key facts and drawing diagrams will help you remember the information, I think you get about 5 minutes. Part 2 is on cables and dials and is similar to the practice material again however there are 4 dials per question with 4 different priority shades to take into consideration, there are also numbers above the dials (only if i.e 2 cables are on the same shaded sector on different dials then you look at the priority for the numbers) but they explain this to you before you take the test and give you a few practice tries, you are timed so accuracy and speed is important but you won't finish it all. Use the practice material they provide to you for this - hope this helps

SM22

For TEA-OCC the practice material available on https://traineetraindriverinfo.com/product/everyday-attention-test-tea-occ/ is very helpful. From my understanding of the TRP test, part 1 is of similar difficulty to the passage they provide you with the practice material however their is an audio recording playing at the same time, taking notes on just the key facts and drawing diagrams will help you remember the information, I think you get about 5 minutes. Part 2 is on cables and dials and is similar to the practice material again however there are 4 dials per question with 4 different priority shades to take into consideration, there are also numbers above the dials (only if i.e 2 cables are on the same shaded sector on different dials then you look at the priority for the numbers) but they explain this to you before you take the test and give you a few practice tries, you are timed so accuracy and speed is important but you won't finish it all. Use the practice material they provide to you for this - hope this helps

Thanks for the info. I’m in tomorrow morning, eeek !

xPedro

Hey folks.

I received an email this morning saying I have been invited to an assessment centre in August. This is my second time applying so have previously practised a lot of the tests however I was unsuccessful getting through the sift last time. I've had a look through the material they provided and I'll be practising and looking for more samples online.

Am I right in thinking the following?

- Group Bourdon - is the dots test?
- Trainability part 1 - is a passage/section of info where you're asked questions in regarding it?
- Trainability part 2 - Charts/Graphs/Tables etc?
- Tea-Occ - Directory test/tone test?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Bigdriver

Hey folks.

I received an email this morning saying I have been invited to an assessment centre in August. This is my second time applying so have previously practised a lot of the tests however I was unsuccessful getting through the sift last time. I've had a look through the material they provided and I'll be practising and looking for more samples online.

- Trainability part 1 - is a passage/section of info where you're asked questions in regarding it?

Have a read through this thread it’s all there

K6vin

Hey folks.

Yeah that’s the set up for the assessment day mate, just out mines.. was surprisingly really relaxed and brilliantly delivered, the assessors were really clear and gave you tips and also you got a few practice shots on the tests prior to sitting them.

SM22

Yeah that’s the set up for the assessment day mate, just out mines.. was surprisingly really relaxed and brilliantly delivered, the assessors were really clear and gave you tips and also you got a few practice shots on the tests prior to sitting them.

Just out of mine too. Was that you up the back sitting next to a wee fat guy (me !)
Just got the email to say I’ve passed too, so relieved ! Onto the next stage...

K6vin

Just out of mine too. Was that you up the back sitting next to a wee fat guy (me !)
Just got the email to say I’ve passed too, so relieved ! Onto the next stage...
Yeah I was up the back, blue suit.. (never noticed a wee fat guy though)lol....congratulations mate, yeah I passed as well, tense few hours constantly checking those emails eh!!

SM22

Congratulations too mate. Yeah it was, big relief getting through. Hope I never see another group Bourdon Test in my life ! Been seeing dots in my sleep lol

K6vin

Congratulations too mate. Yeah it was, big relief getting through. Hope I never see another group Bourdon Test in my life ! Been seeing dots in my sleep lol
Thanks mate. I know I practiced for a few weeks, and the tests I had at home the dots were tiny, I was stressing with the thought of doing it, then when the actual sheet came out I was proper buzzing lol.

David Henney

Congratulations to the guys who were In this morning that passed, unfortunately I never passed this time, best of luck for the next stage

David Henney

The only one I'm not confident I passed was that glop one, think I done more than enough on the others to pass, hence why I was asking at the end of you failed one of the tests if that was it, knew I hadn't done well enough on that one, ah well, back to driving the trucks for now until they are recruiting again.

Stigy

Established Member
The only one I'm not confident I passed was that glop one, think I done more than enough on the others to pass, hence why I was asking at the end of you failed one of the tests if that was it, knew I hadn't done well enough on that one, ah well, back to driving the trucks for now until they are recruiting again.
Sorry to hear! Definitely try again after 6-months. It’s not necessarily the amount you complete, but the accuracy of the ones you did do.

NickyFol92

Thanks a lot for response. Certainly helps knowing what I'm walking into.

Good luck to all who got through and will be starting soon. And for the lads and lassies who were unsuccessful don’t be to hard on yourself. Give it another go

DaffyDuck

Starting tomorrow.....I'm sure I'll have a great sleep tonight. o_O

I'm in the same boat mate. New to this forum and my tests start at 1pm in Glasgow. Trying to stay chilled tonight and keep the head. All the best to you and everyone else who's sitting them tomorrow

Gedphones

I'm in the same boat mate. New to this forum and my tests start at 1pm in Glasgow. Trying to stay chilled tonight and keep the head. All the best to you and everyone else who's sitting them tomorrow
Good luck mate. The folk at the test centre are great. Keep you well informed and if there's anything you're not sure of they are there to help. Don't sweat it and you'll be fine.

DaffyDuck

Cheers Gedphones fingers crossed mate. And the same as most new members I've found this forum to be a godsend, great work guys, just hope I've done enough o_O

DaffyDuck

Alright chaps n chapettes just got word that the first assessment day was a success. Onto the next stage now, the next stage is always the most daunting I reckon. Hope your first day was a good one as well @Gedphones. I'm wishing everyone else who sat the assessments today the best of luck.

WeeCW13

I received an email to say I was also successful today at assessment centre.. best of luck to everyone else that was there today..

Gedphones

Alright chaps n chapettes just got word that the first assessment day was a success. Onto the next stage now, the next stage is always the most daunting I reckon. Hope your first day was a good one as well @Gedphones. I'm wishing everyone else who sat the assessments today the best of luck.
Well done bud. Good first day aye. Everyone was nice and friendly and the instructor is sound.

chris7380

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me about or point me to another part of the forum so I can gain as much knowledge as possible to what are the daily duties of a train driver? I have an interview on the 1st August for scotrail. Thanks

Dunks1980

I’m up tomorrow in Glasgow 09:30 any last minute tips mate I’m bricking it now lol

ss1975

Had my medical today.
Failed on colour blindness. Absolutely devastated to get this far only to fail now.

Congratulations to all that have made it through & good luck to those still on the journey.

Heres me!

Had my medical today.
Failed on colour blindness. Absolutely devastated to get this far only to fail now.

Congratulations to all that have made it through & good luck to those still on the journey.

Oh man that is tough. Hope things work out for you.

Caseby

Had my medical today.

Unlucky man that sucks, all that work and fail on somthing you cant control. Did they mention anything about any other possible opportunities they may have for you? I heard that they sometimes put people in the talent pool when u get that far.