• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

DaffyDuck

I’m up tomorrow in Glasgow 09:30 any last minute tips mate I’m bricking it now lol

As most have said on here the best thing is staying calm, deep breaths and maybe ask a question or two just to break the ice and settle your nerves, could be something as simple as 'how long do you expect the tests to last'. Sorry just seen this or I'd have replied sooner. There's also some great advice on here about the glop tests. I found the tones test the hardest I think but stay calm and find a point on the wall or floor to focus on. You'll be grand mate. Best of luck to you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Caseby

@ss1975

Hopfully somthing comes out of it for you mate, best of luck.

If you dont mind when you do hear back can you drop me a PM to let me know the outcome? I am just curious because I am worried about my vision, I phoned HR and they advised me to proceed with the prossess. I have my interview on the 1st so may not even get that far but the last thing I want to do is waste anyone's time and resources.

Cheers

macca92

Hi guys, new to the forum :)

Applied for the recent intake of trainee drivers back in May and I've got my first assessment day this Monday coming. Applied for the Dundee depot. From what I read, its just the Group Bourdon, TEA-Occ and TRP (parts 1 and 2) on the first assessment day. I'm fairly confident with the Group Bourdon and TEA-Occ, done plenty of studying and found good study materials, but i'm quite worried about the TRP Part 1. Does anyone have any revision hints/tips/links to any websites for some practice examples?

Dunks1980

As most have said on here the best thing is staying calm, deep breaths and maybe ask a question or two just to break the ice and settle your nerves, could be something as simple as 'how long do you expect the tests to last'. Sorry just seen this or I'd have replied sooner. There's also some great advice on here about the glop tests. I found the tones test the hardest I think but stay calm and find a point on the wall or floor to focus on. You'll be grand mate. Best of luck to you
Cheers mate I passed so all good was a bit worried about the GLOP passage as thought I’d ****ed it afterwards but found everything else okay was surprised when she said managers interview next thought it would be the computerised assessments

Bigdriver

Dmi interview and if you pass that you come back at a later date for computer tests and if you pass them you stay and have final interview

Nov632

Hi, how did everyone who has sat the dmi find it. Was it more questions about what you know about Scotrail and the qualities required to be a train driver or was there a lot of questions about scenarios ie tell me about a time when you have worked under pressure. Cheers

dc007

Cheers mate I passed so all good was a bit worried about the GLOP passage as thought I’d ****ed it afterwards but found everything else okay was surprised when she said managers interview next thought it would be the computerised assessments

We must have been at same assessment on Tuesday. I also passed. I'm on the lookout for any info regarding the interview and the 2nd day assessment now and just found this forum. If I find anything useful I will share it on here

SHILTON125

Hi all I passed the first set of tests on Monday and have an interview in a couple of weeks so if anyone can provide any useful information reference the first interview that would be much appreciated thank you

SHILTON125

I received an email to say I was also successful today at assessment centre.. best of luck to everyone else that was there today..
hi mate I was told I was successful on Monday too, congrats to you. Have you been given a date for interview yet and any tips for it too please

Simonrammy

Hi all,

Anybody on here who was at the interview stage in Glasgow on the 28th June?

Just wondering if anyone’s heard anymore other than the email saying they will be in touch sent shortly after..

Cheers

SM22

Got a new DMI date for 14th of August just under 3 weeks to prepare.

What time did you get ? Just thinking you might have gotten my original slot. I was due in at 11am but had to reschedule as I’m away on holiday.

Bigdriver

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone’s heard anymore other than the email saying they will be in touch sent shortly after..

Cheers
I was the 17 th mate I emailed last week due to certain personal stuff coming up and the emailed me back saying they know about my dates etc and will be in touch soon as possible but didn’t have any dates sorted

mortarman

Hi all,

Cheers
I was in on the 27th June, got the email shortly after saying they'd be in touch after all interviews were done at the end of July to give the result of my interview, haven't heard anything since. Hopefully next week..

NickyFol92

Congratulations to everyone who passed on Monday 22nd. I passed too .
Now for the interview. Anyone on this forum got any advice, tips guidelines etc for the interview?
Obviously I need to research the company but does that mean Abellio and Scotrail or?

Heres me!

Congratulations to everyone who passed on Monday 22nd. I passed too .
Now for the interview. Anyone on this forum got any advice, tips guidelines etc for the interview?
Obviously I need to research the company but does that mean Abellio and Scotrail or?
Congratulations. Have a look through this thread and you will find loads of information that will help you.

Dunks1980

We must have been at same assessment on Tuesday. I also passed. I'm on the lookout for any info regarding the interview and the 2nd day assessment now and just found this forum. If I find anything useful I will share it on here
Well done mate was a good bunch of boys on it was going to say I was the baldy one but there was a few of us lol

GS17

Got mine this Thursday and done about as much research as humanly possible online lol