• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scottish Citylink

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

route101

Established Member
Replying to above message:-

Stagecoach Perth X 2 then McLean's, Edinburgh Coach Lines, Central Coaches for the M92 to Aberdeen.

The last 2 are probably Fishers and Stagecoach Cumbernauld but I am not certain about that.

Perth could be Panorama, Van Hool or Interdeck double deckers or Elite single deckers occasionally. Cumbernauld will be Panorama , Van Hool or Interdeck double deckers. Fishers will be Elite, Panther or Caetano Levante single deckers. ECL most likely Scania Irizar but they have a variety of coaches. It is unlikely to be the new Volvo's though. Central will be a Van Hool double decker and McLean's will be VDL Bova Futura.
Quite a bit of variety on the M92 and M9. Yesterday I saw a white tri axle volvo on the M92. There was a BR8LE Elite on the M9.

I took the 1650 M92 yesterday from Aberdeen and it was an ex Oxford Tube Van Hool and the 1705 was a Citylink Gold Irizar.

Seemingly Dundee City Council are the ones telling Citylink to divert around the Kingsway, although evidently not very effectively!
Used Flixbus and Citylink and we went around the Kingsway.

Replying to above message:-

Stagecoach Perth X 2 then McLean's, Edinburgh Coach Lines, Central Coaches for the M92 to Aberdeen.

The last 2 are probably Fishers and Stagecoach Cumbernauld but I am not certain about that.

Perth could be Panorama, Van Hool or Interdeck double deckers or Elite single deckers occasionally. Cumbernauld will be Panorama , Van Hool or Interdeck double deckers. Fishers will be Elite, Panther or Caetano Levante single deckers. ECL most likely Scania Irizar but they have a variety of coaches. It is unlikely to be the new Volvo's though. Central will be a Van Hool double decker and McLean's will be VDL Bova Futura.
Thanks for this info. Can I ask where you get it from (if it's a public source)? Just so I don't have to ask on here for every service.

Separately, I've been trying to work out where the vehicle on the 1250 M92 Aberdeen to Edinburgh starts. Would the 1250 M92 departure be formed from the 1227 M92 arrival? This departs Edinburgh at 0920. And would that 0920 departure be formed of the 0851 arrival, which departs Aberdeen at 0535? Thanks.
Edit: to clarify, I'm asking if the following is worked by one vehicle:
0535 Aberdeen to Edinburgh 0851
0920 Edinburgh to Aberdeen 1227
1250 Aberdeen to Edinburgh 1556.

Volvodart

Established Member
Thanks for this info. Can I ask where you get it from (if it's a public source)? Just so I don't have to ask on here for every service.

Separately, I've been trying to work out where the vehicle on the 1250 M92 Aberdeen to Edinburgh starts. Would the 1250 M92 departure be formed from the 1227 M92 arrival? This departs Edinburgh at 0920. And would that 0920 departure be formed of the 0851 arrival, which departs Aberdeen at 0535? Thanks.
Edit: to clarify, I'm asking if the following is worked by one vehicle:
0535 Aberdeen to Edinburgh 0851
0920 Edinburgh to Aberdeen 1227
1250 Aberdeen to Edinburgh 1556.
The 0920 M92 from Edinburgh is a Stagecoach Perth vehicle returning from Aberdeen at 1350, the 0535 from Aberdeen does the 1020 M92 from Edinburgh. The 1250 M92 from Aberdeen is also a Perth vehicle which does the 0820 M92 from Edinburgh to Aberdeen. I presume the Perth buses start the day on the M90 from Perth.

The 0920 M92 from Edinburgh is a Stagecoach Perth vehicle returning from Aberdeen at 1350, the 0535 from Aberdeen does the 1020 M92 from Edinburgh. The 1250 M92 from Aberdeen is also a Perth vehicle which does the 0820 M92 from Edinburgh to Aberdeen. I presume the Perth buses start the day on the M90 from Perth.
Thanks. This is likely to be a Panorama then? Or, failing that, a Stagecoach Elite or Panther LE?
I'd assume the last diagrams to leave the depot are the most likely to have a Stagecoach vehicle substituting for a Citylink vehicle, I'm not sure if that would be one of these.

Volvodart

Established Member
Panorama, Van Hool, Interdeck or 6 Cities Elite is the usual for Perth workings on the M92.

stevenedin

Is there a change to the 902 service Edinburgh Airport to Glasgow Buchanan Bus Station? At Livingston Bus Terminal on Google Maps it has an entry twice. One for Megabus which doesn’t stop at Airdrie and Coatbridge and there is also a Citylink one as well but that does stop in those places. It’s confusing.

Is there a change to the 902 service Edinburgh Airport to Glasgow Buchanan Bus Station? At Livingston Bus Terminal on Google Maps it has an entry twice. One for Megabus which doesn’t stop at Airdrie and Coatbridge and there is also a Citylink one as well but that does stop in those places. It’s confusing.
Merely Google's sources being confused. The services are the same, the megabus entry probably just only shows the stops you can by megabus tickets to

Volvodart

Established Member
When did panoramas return to the M92? Have the allocations changed again?
When the new timetable came in June 2023 and Perth got work on that route.

Last edited:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
At this moment 0535 M92 from Aberdeen, returning from Edinburgh at 1020.
This is a Stagecoach Bluebird duty, McLean's will no doubt be covering it due to driver shortages as the latter half of the duty (14:50 from Aberdeen & 19:30 From Edinburgh) is normally covered by Bluebird.

WestieBus

Would anyone think the 978 and 913 being cut back to Stirling and Perth would work, considering that it can help increase the frequency on those services + connections to Edinburgh (which both routes serve), as well as Aberdeen, Glasgow etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:

InOban

Established Member
What an appalling idea.Faced with a change in Stirling, I would choose to go via Glasgow withe its greater choice of times.
The 913 is of course operated from the Edinburgh end.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Would anyone think the 978 and 913 being cut back to Stirling and Perth would work, considering that it can help increase the frequency on those services + connections to Edinburgh (which both routes serve), as well as Aberdeen, Glasgow etc.?
I'm not sure why they'd ever considering doing this? There wouldn't be any savings in vehicles; it would be less convenient for passengers and could potentially put strain on other services. There isn't any market for the 913 at Broxden or 978 at Stirling to provide onwards connections to Glasgow as the main areas that the 913 and 978 cover already have direct links to Glasgow and those that don't will have very low to no demand.

Further to the above, the return 978 departure from Edinburgh at 17:20 is timed equally between the 16:50 and 17:50 909 services and as such provides a 30 minute frequency in the evening peak from Edinburgh to Stirling.

Last edited:

route101

Established Member
I get where you are coming from. I have used both services. Oban to Edinburgh had a healthy load to the capital. The 913 from Edinburgh to Fort William not many travelled the whole route. I wish they would use a nicer coach on the 913.

A morning 978 from Edinburgh to Oban and return would be popular.

BobbyBKinross

I get where you are coming from. I have used both services. Oban to Edinburgh had a healthy load to the capital. The 913 from Edinburgh to Fort William not many travelled the whole route. I wish they would use a nicer coach on the 913.

A morning 978 from Edinburgh to Oban and return would be popular.
The 913 is usually a 67' Plate Elite or a older Elite i. Both decent coaches if you ask me!

megabusser

Looks like a 900 had an incident with a low bridge this evening…

Photo/source: https://twitter.com/itsJamesDoherty/status/1696660287326241035?s=20
Okay, so the Killers were playing at Ingliston. That meant a bit of congestion for the @megaabus 900 back to Glasgow from Edinburgh Airport. An unauthorized diversion under a low bridge and boom goes the skylight. Just what we needed after flight chaos!

route101

Established Member
The new Parks elites are decent. The Stagecoach ones less so.

Can't determine what kind of bus this is. Edinburgh coach lines Irizar perhaps?
Looks more like a McLean's bus. They damaged one of their white Astromegas in Edinburgh bus station on one of the pillars as well.

Spsf3232

Some of the stances look really tight at Edinburgh Bus Station.
There is a method in the use of every stance in what direction you reverse or drive into them. There is enough room to also reverse straight back with a 15m coach and then pull away, but if you're not used to the station it could appear, as you say, tight to use.

route101

Established Member
I have noticed a right mixture of branding on Citylink services. You have Stagecoach branding, plain white branding, ex flixbus green on one coach and various operator liveries.

Buzby

Don’t forget the partials - Parks of Hamilton, West Coast Motors - at least it keeps passengers wide awake trying to hail one at a stop!

route101

Established Member
Don’t forget the partials - Parks of Hamilton, West Coast Motors - at least it keeps passengers wide awake trying to hail one at a stop!
Seems like the West coast coaches are now in Citylink livery. The M92 and 092 citylink and Flixbus must cause confusion if white coaches are used.