• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Screening, DBS - GWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyGregs

I just googled how long it may take for the DBS, screening check to be done and google states 2-4 weeks? Is that right? The recruiter wanted me to start in July, can’t see this happening if I don’t get my DBS sorted and with a notice period to give also!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nb2001uk

I just googled how long it may take for the DBS, screening check to be done and google states 2-4 weeks? Is that right? The recruiter wanted me to start in July, can’t see this happening if I don’t get my DBS sorted and with a notice period to give also!
Takes a few days to come through post but an online result is usually done within a couple of hours.

MattyGregs

That’s handy. Just need an email with date for a medical. I assume they give you a selection of dates and times as currently working a 50 hour a week job so it’s hard to fit in.

Lmc1976

I googled a cough I had once and everything pointed towards me having tuberculosis!

What I’m saying is without trying to be to rude you’ve done the hard work getting the magic call don’t now worry about everything else it will all fall into place they’ve recruited you now and pending your medical, dbs and employment checks (which you have virtually no control over) given you dates as they will fit the processes they have in place to get you ready for day one.

Relax and enjoy the ride!

That’s handy. Just need an email with date for a medical. I assume they give you a selection of dates and times as currently working a 50 hour a week job so it’s hard to fit in.
You will get a call and they will find some times and dates that suit you both within reason.

MattyGregs

I googled a cough I had once and everything pointed towards me having tuberculosis!

What I’m saying is without trying to be to rude you’ve done the hard work getting the magic call don’t now worry about everything else it will all fall into place they’ve recruited you now and pending your medical, dbs and employment checks (which you have virtually no control over) given you dates as they will fit the processes they have in place to get you ready for day one.

Relax and enjoy the ride!

You will get a call and they will find some times and dates that suit you both within reason.
What are the employment checks?

michael74

Can’t imagine I’d be done over by my current boss.
Aaaaannndddd breath.... as @Lmc1976 says, you have got this far, you will be fine, now unless you have had your fingers in the till and you didn't disclose that you were done for war crimes the references and DBS will be fine and we will no doubt see you around the green network.

Teddysim

What Intake is this for? Is it trainee or qualified drivers I recently applied just seeing if it’s the most recent intake. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.