• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SE Class 377 - Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomotron

The 377 update thread hasn't been updated in months and I didn't want to bump it. I haven't seen a single SE Class 377 in ages. I pass through Ramsgate very frequently and not only are there never any in the station I haven't been able to see one in the depot. Have they all transferred to Southern or gone off lease?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
The 377 update thread hasn't been updated in months and I didn't want to bump it. I haven't seen a single SE Class 377 in ages. I pass through Ramsgate very frequently and not only are there never any in the station I haven't been able to see one in the depot. Have they all transferred to Southern or gone off lease?
I don't think they're diagrammed to even go to Ramsgate. They used to be almost exclusively on Victoria to Canterbury East via Ashford International, which I believe was recently truncated to terminate at Ashford. And recently I believe some have been booked to Charing Cross to Maidstone services.

I don't think they're diagrammed to even go to Ramsgate. They used to be almost exclusively on Victoria to Canterbury East via Ashford International, which I believe was recently truncated to terminate at Ashford. And recently I believe some have been booked to Charing Cross to Maidstone services.
Are SE not on RTT? You could check there.

brad465

Established Member
Yes other than one morning peak service from VIC-RAM (and one Folkestone Central-VIC peak service), nothing on the MDE line goes east of Ashford now. There used to be some 377s on SEML peak services but never beyond Folkestone, as I don't believe they've been cleared to Dover (even though I'd have thought they could if one pursued it). One or two also appear on VIC-GLM stoppers.

Two 377/1s with SE returned to Southern when the 455s were withdrawn last year, which I believe are still the only 377s to have left SE. Half the remaining ones are/were due to go as well when the remaining 707s move across, but 701 delays at SWR have delayed the conveyor belt of cascades.

Doomotron

Ah, thank you. Does this have something to do with the recent timetable change? It didn't cross my mind that the Ramsgate to Victoria via Maidstone East services stopped/changed, so I guess it's my fault for not thinking about it.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Ah, thank you. Does this have something to do with the recent timetable change? It didn't cross my mind that the Ramsgate to Victoria via Maidstone East services stopped/changed, so I guess it's my fault for not thinking about it.
If memory serves it was roughly around that time they were truncated. I wonder if it was originally planned to make it easier to release 377s, either to SN or to the new Charing Cross Maidstone service that they now tend to be seen on.

PGAT

Established Member
The 377/5s are still definitely with SouthEastern. If they weren't we would be talking about it alot more.

HarryF

I thought from the December 2022 timetable change practically every train between Maidstone and Ashford would be covered by 465s, but I have been using the line twice a month to visit a friend in the last 3 months and only seen one 465, the rest all being 377/5.

Status
Not open for further replies.