• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seaford Line question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Planning a trip which involves a journey down the Seaford branch. I'll be arriving into Lewes on an ex Ore service which arrives at the same time as the Seaford service departs.
Is this connection feasible given that it is a cross platform interchange?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NSE

Established Member
I’ve only made that change once, and I can’t recall Lewes station in that much detail, but it would definitely be tight.

Veteran Member
If its an up London, 2 to 3 is round the corner not straight across, alight from very rear and you might be lucky.
If its an up Brighton then thats 4 to 3 across the bridge and not a conflicting movement either.
Both very doubtful IMO.

RichardKing

If I assume correctly, you'll be getting an up Brighton 2DXX service that is due to arrive into Lewes at XX:28. These services usually arrive 1-2 minutes early, with the XX:28 Seaford service commonly delayed by a late-running XX:24 London-Eastbourne departure, so this change is entirely possible. Also, if the Seaford service in question is diagrammed as a 313 (most are) then you'll have the benefit of having a Conductor being on the platform and seeing you coming down the stairs.

As 30907 said, this change would mean crossing platforms via the footbridge. You'd want to place yourself in the 3rd coach if on an up-Brighton service to give yourself a head start on the platform 4 staircase.

Status
Not open for further replies.