• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season ticket blackberry blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracieG

I used to have a paper gold card that would keep deactivating. I then found out it was due to my blackberry which was such a pain! Then oyster became the cheapest option zone 6-2 so my blues disappeared!!!

However I am about to move to Byfleet-that zone is outside zone 6 & thus I have to go back to a paper gold season ticket again!! Arghhhhh!!! :(

The thought of Queuing up two/three times a month at waterloo to get the ticket replaced due to my work blackberry deactivating it is very depressing!!! I don't always wear clothes with pockets to put my ticket or blackberry in.

Has anybody discovered a way that the blackberry and paper ticket can live in harmony side by side in a handbag yet? Would a metal business cardholder for the season ticket work?

Please-no suggestions of using a bumbag! I have some "train-cred" :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

metrocammel

I've had similar problems with my Blackberry. Every time I was passing through London, my ticket was showing up as 'bad data' on the London Underground barriers (I think it was code 9, though I'm sure someone from the Underground can confirm this). Anyway, after talking to a fellow crank, who also has a Blackberry, he informed me that there is some sort of 'safety mechanism' on a Blackberry, so that, when it goes into it's case, it can't ring the emergency services (as Blackberries can ring 999 whist being locked). Anyway, I have since found that as long as I don't use the Blackberry case, it doesn't de-magnetise mag strips- so although you risk getting the thing scratched, at least it's not an annoyance- I've just given up on the case now- as long as it works, I'm not too bothered!

I've also found a similar problem with Mac Books. When I'm using my laptop on a train, I always avoid putting my ticket near the top of the screen, as again, there is a magnet there, which has caused problems in the past. Anyway HTH!

David Sinnett

I've never had a case for my Blackberry yet it does demag my ticket if it's in the same pocket. Not always though...Maybe it's when a message is being received or sent...Now, always keep them in different pockets. Never effects the oyster or bank cards though!

westcoaster

Established Member
there is a magnet in the blackberry case at the bottom, and also in the blackberry at the bottom under the space bar, this is what must muck up tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.