• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season ticket cashback

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylope1

hi

I can get 5% cashback through Chiltern right now with topcashback. Any issues buying a southern season ticket from Chiltern?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
Also, for those looking for a cheap Gold Card, the Hatton-Lapworth season costing £164 would attract a rebate of £8.28 (the cash back offer is 5.05%).

On the Chiltern website, however, trying to buy 7 days in advance, it warns ‘Because you have chosen a departure date between today and 9 days' time your ticket can only be collected with a registered Smartcard or at a ticket machine‘.
Can online purchasers be confident the paper ticket would get issued on Gold Card stock?
What if I chose the smartcard option? Does that come with a Gold Record Card ?

Jamiescott1

I brought my chiltern season ticket through too cash back. Brought 1 week ago and cash back hasn't appeared in my account yet

island

Veteran Member
Also, for those looking for a cheap Gold Card, the Hatton-Lapworth season costing £164 would attract a rebate of £8.28 (the cash back offer is 5.05%).

On the Chiltern website, however, trying to buy 7 days in advance, it warns ‘Because you have chosen a departure date between today and 9 days' time your ticket can only be collected with a registered Smartcard or at a ticket machine‘.
Can online purchasers be confident the paper ticket would get issued on Gold Card stock?
What if I chose the smartcard option? Does that come with a Gold Record Card ?
TVMs do not carry gold card stock so I am pretty confident the paper ticket would not be issued on it. I suppose the ticket could be taken to a booking office for an encode exchange onto gold card stock if one were willing to attend to the palaver.

island

Veteran Member
And I would be pleasantly surprised if a season ticket purchase “tracked” for Cashback. Seller’s commission on a season ticket is only 2% as far as I know so Chiltern would be losing money.

kristiang85

Established Member
Just to add here for cashback deals, if you're on a lookout for a new credit card and has a season ticket under £2500, you can get £125 with the Amex Platinum Cashback: https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/credit-cards/platinum-cashback-credit-card/ (5% on first £2500 spent in 3 months, although if you spend more, you will still get 1% back).

I've actually used this card for a couple of years now and generally get a total cashback of around £220 each year, so I recommend it more than all other cashback/rewards cards I've used.

bubieyehyeh

hi

I can get 5% cashback through Chiltern right now with topcashback. Any issues buying a southern season ticket from Chiltern?
I've booked weekly seasons on a part southern route, from chiltern and got 5% cashback.

Status
Not open for further replies.