• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season ticket (LONDON)???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeobrien02

Hi all
Basically I have a annual Gold card For travel between Blackheath and Dartford which i know is valid Via bexleyheath and Woolwich arsenal but my question would this ticket be valid for exiting at crayford which is on the Lee line

the reason i ask is that the train times to dartford are awful and takes ages to get there but the train times to crayford are so much better and would mean that i would not have to go to up to blackheath from eltham every morning saving 30 mins.

however the train times returning to eltham are non existent with having no direct services and either having to change at slade green and dartford which is simply not practical

So simply would this ticket allow me to exit at crayford or travel via Lee??
Though you guys might know sorry for the bad grammer typed quickly before my phone died.
thanks for you answers in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Blackheath to Dartford is valid for route Blackheath - Lewisham - Lee - Crayford - Dartford under the 3 mile rule. As it is a season ticket you can start or finish at any station on a permitted route.

I haven't checked, but I doubt the curve between Crayford and Slade Green is on a permitted route though

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Blackheath to Dartford is valid for route Blackheath - Lewisham - Lee - Crayford - Dartford under the 3 mile rule. As it is a season ticket you can start or finish at any station on a permitted route.

I haven't checked, but I doubt the curve between Crayford and Slade Green is on a permitted route though

Tricky. It is if you use a Bexleyheath line train to Crayford but may not be if using a Woolwich line train. Can you switch between permitted routes on a non-stop train?

When you renew you ought to get a Lewisham to Dartford season at the same price because it will wipe out almost all of the issues.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Can you switch between permitted routes on a non-stop train?
I don't see why not, although I agree it that clear.

When you renew you ought to get a Lewisham to Dartford season at the same price because it will wipe out almost all of the issues.
Or just get a season ticket changeover from a staffed station. It should be easy to calculate if the tickets are (and were) the same price

Romilly

Established Member
Using a site with a Mixing Deck (Scotrail on this occasion), I searched for Blackheath to Dartford via Crayford, clicked on "Timetables Only", put "Woolwich Arsenal" in the "Trains calling at" box, updated, and then clicked through for tickets. I also tried with Slade Green in the "Trains calling at" box. Both ways, it showed the £10.90 Blackheath-Dartford anytime day return as valid for journeys that go from Blackheath via the Woolwich line to Crayford, and then from Crayford to Dartford. So there would seem to be full flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.