• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seat Frog upgrades on rover tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWVillager

I have seen a few threads with a similar topic, but they're all locked and didn't provide a clear answer.

From what I gathered, first class upgrades are permissible when travelling with a West Midlands Day Ranger. However, does this include Seat Frog upgrades?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
Don’t see why not, as long as it’s valid for the area where you’re travelling in, or being combined with another ticket as part of a split.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
I have seen a few threads with a similar topic, but they're all locked and didn't provide a clear answer.

From what I gathered, first class upgrades are permissible when travelling with a West Midlands Day Ranger. However, does this include Seat Frog upgrades?
It depends on the operator.

For Avanti and XC it should be accepted as they say “valid standard class ticket types”.

GWR are more prescriptive.

LiftFan

I've never had any issues booking Seatfrog upgrades on rover tickets so far. Only problem I've come across is that Avanti never seem to have any available at all for first class!

GWVillager

I can confirm you can use it! I’ve just upgraded with XC.

I've never had any issues booking Seatfrog upgrades on rover tickets so far. Only problem I've come across is that Avanti never seem to have any available at all for first class!
I found that too. I'm actually very surprised I was given a seat on my XC train, it was extremely overcrowded. By contrast, all the Avanti services looked relatively quiet in First.

Status
Not open for further replies.