• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seat Reservations on Season Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Good evening!

Forgive me if this is an utterly ridiculous question, but is it possible to pay a small charge to reserve a seat on a service if you have a season ticket? The reason I ask is because I regularly travel on the 7.25 Cardiff to London (to Bristol Parkway) or the 7.30 Cardiff to Portsmouth (to Filton A.W.) and both of these services can get quite busy, understandably as it's commuter time.

Thanks,

Dan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
Yes it is. It's free of charge on most TOCs, but not FGW (£5 charge AFAIK). Can be done at any staffed station although as a courtesy try to avoid doing it during very busy periods.

ian13

You should be able to get it done for free (in my experience with FGW), but they can levy a charge.

Both of those are reservable services. You should be able to make reservations up to around 3 months in advance.

calc7

Established Member
Some TOCs refuse to offer seat reservations with season tickets.

When I enquired at a TPE-run station to get a reservation on a heaving peak-time departure out of Leeds that I was getting fed up of standing on, the bloke produced a manual of sorts and showed me the clause "TPE does not offer seat reservations with season tickets". Haven't yet tried seeing if a Northern-run office will issue them.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Ah fab. Thanks for the replies everyone! I will enquire about that tomorrow. If there is the £5 charge, then I won't bother but if there isn't I'll ask if they can :)

Status
Not open for further replies.