• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seat selection - progress?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Thought I'd call this out as its own thread from a quick "on the side" slightly-OT discussion elsewhere...this seems a positive development, hopefully it does progress!

On the basis that I am willing to pay for good service and a good product, I don't "chase" (ha!) cashback deals with banks but rather stick with one I like. Monzo suits at the moment, though I'd not be resistant to change to one with better features/service because their customer service isn't what it was.

This is true of ticketing sites as well. Trainline should note that I'd willingly pay their fees if they offered a decent* seat selector on all trains with seat reservations! Indeed I'd pay a couple of quid per leg *just* for seat selection.

* I do use the Trainsplit one, but as it's a semi official "bodge" it doesn't work well with some TOCs. Trainline probably have the influence to get the TOCs to play along and make sure the data is always correct.

The other retailers seem just as frustrated as us with the state of things in reservation land; sorry to say!

Raileasy have written a proposal document for the train operators and RDG, with input from other retailers, so we'll see if anything changes here for seat maps in the medium term.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Master29

Established Member
You shouldn't have to do any of this but I suppose I would be willing given National Express do this. I think it makes sense as GWR and some others do not offer this option. I know there is always Trainsplit of course.