• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seatfrog during disruption

Lifelong

Good afternoon

2 questions please

I have an SF upgrade for later on the ECML. Train has been cancelled - how would the SF part be handled (as opposed to main ticket delay repay)?

Also if I take an alternative route eg WCML on ticket acceptance - can I buy a SF upgrade for the new routing ie does my ticket count as valid for that purpose?

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RAPC

If your SF booking is on a LNER service, they say the following in the help centre:
"If you win an upgrade on LNER and your trip is delayed or cancelled you may still be able to use your upgrade.

Our agreement with LNER is that if the LNER train on which you have purchased an upgrade is cancelled or delayed by more than 60 minutes, the team will try to accommodate you on the next available LNER train. If you're not able to be accommodated in First Class on the next train you will be eligible for a refund."

If you take an alternative routing on a different operator, then you will be able to buy a new SF upgrade if available. You will also be able to contact SF to arrange a refund of the upgrade on your cancelled service.